this is my first ever time fiberglassing and doing sumthing like this. ive seen ppl do glassing but never helped just watch.

so dont laugh to bad :crazy: but i think i did a decent job.

i had to change it up, i was gonna do a 8" SS mid in each door and redone it for dual 6.5" comps.

038.jpg

039-1.jpg

040.jpg

041-1.jpg

used sum felt from jo anns fabrics to put over the MFD rings. sprayed it down with 3M super 90 to hold it down with.

042-1.jpg

043.jpg

mixed up resin to coat the felt and give it a hard shell to start to lay the fiberglass down. put 2 coats of resin and did the inside of the doors were felt was showing.

044-1.jpg

ok here i didnt have my cam for the fiberglassing, but its there under the bondo. 3 layers thick of 5 mil woven strips i cut from a big sheet.

45.jpg

here i was just test fitting the comps to see if there flat all around the mid and it was a bit off on the bottom right corner. i used more bondo raise it up flat.

46.jpg

here i spayed black primer on it for when i sand them down the low spots would really stick out.

471.jpg

48.jpg

this is of course after sanding it the first time. them using filler putty to fill in all the low spots. this is after 3 times of sanding and refilling in the low spots

damn this part took sum time letting the putty dry resanding over and over. started out with 60 grit and went to 100 grit, finally sanded with 220 grit for the extra fine sanding.

49.jpg

50.jpg

after sanding put the last coat of finishing primer

was gonna vinyl the panels then thought about tweed but said the hell with it cuz it came out better than i thought. so just straight up painting them will look good.

51.jpg

53.jpg

52.jpg

Edited by lil_italy773

i changed up my planes from doing satin paint. instead i used rubberized under coat on the whole doors to give it a not so plain jane look. after that i used fleck stone paint with white speckle. (black granet)

i like the way it looks but i have to give it another coat cuz i want more of the white speckle in there.

54.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

doesn't look too bad good job, it looks like it needs a little filler right above where the speakers mount, looks a little jagged there nothing bondo couldn't fix

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

I have to admit when I first saw the cut-outs in the doors I was a little worried, but the end result looks pretty damn good.

yea me too. i was damn how am i gonna hide this shit.

doesn't look too bad good job, it looks like it needs a little filler right above where the speakers mount, looks a little jagged there nothing bondo couldn't fix

i did end up going back thought and trying to fill in more. but could have worked on shaping a little more but was sa damn sic of sanding lol.

looks good. i want to do something similar to my doors and w soundstream 6.5s too. :good:

thanks man. there are pretty damn good comps not just saying cuz they sponsor me.