Sundown Audio

stripped amp terminal...

pk222

Remember to go up a size in thread. You'll need a new grub screw for the terminal. Use a coarse thread tap, the metal in most terminals is soft as shit and if you try to tap it with a fine thread it will just strip out. Remember to go half a turn forwards, quarter turn backwards when you tap it and back it out completely every few turns to make sure the tap is clean, or you'll end up with a dirty ass thread. You probably want to use a blind tap too.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I know how to use a tap and tried a couple things today and it just made it worse so I got a screw that runs all the way threw and put a bolt on the other side. It worked great and its not to noticeable.

Thanks again for all your guys help

that sounds like it could turn out really cool but I don't want to void the warranty that I've already had to use once.

If I ever end up with another unwarranted amp I want to try this because it sounds different

Show cars use a variation of it all the time. It's called stealth wiring. You de-solder the power terminals and attach the power wire directly to the PCB. Then you run it down to the middle of the case and out a hole in the bottom plate. That way you can fly the amps on posts without the wiring being visible.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

that sounds like it could turn out really cool but I don't want to void the warranty that I've already had to use once.

If I ever end up with another unwarranted amp I want to try this because it sounds different

dont you think buy drilling through the existing terminal that you have already voided your warranty? :unknw:

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

well for a quick fix go to lowes or home depot and buy a very small c clamp this will allow you to be able to temporarily keep it from slipping out , now if you dont want to buy a tap and die set here is an old skool trick get some small wire like bailing wire or maybe even some really small speaker wire . strip the wire put your power wire in the take the small wire and set it in perpendicular to the hole , pit the screw in and slowly turn it and apply pressure it will cause the small wire to fill in the gaps and actually make pretty strong threads , hope this helps

x2 if you don't want to tap and die. :D

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived