Sonic Electronix

Old school car audio pics thread

I always wanted those old school ppi art amps always thought they looked clean

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

To shorten what the manual says: it takes stereo signal and makes a realistic sound stage with center image. It also has the ability to extract ambient information from the music- which helps create a "live" feeling. The rear channels increase depth by producing pure ambiance sound only, and recreate the phenomena of the original soundwave bouncing off the back walls of a listening environment. Reach channels are true surround outputs that are capable of extracting rear channel information from Dolby Surround Recordings.

So... it puts the instruments (for the most part) to the front left and right, vocals to the center, creates a phantom center channel (no joke- you turn it on and BAM there is a center channel), the rear speakers are only the sound that is specific to the individual left or right (all mono or same sounds are removed from the rear), there is a knob for the front that the more you turn it up, the wider the soundstage gets, the knob for the rear adds depth (rear speaker loudness among other things), a slight echo is added (but it isn't really an echo- I can't explain it...). In short, the soundstage just jumps out a few feet and nuances are brought forward. It is cool, especially considering how old it is...

If anyone ever sees one of these- BUY IT.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

yeah Im hooked, wanna sellit?????? Would do wonders with my zapco gear!

:D That it would. If it helped my MTX stuff like this I can only imagine how sick it would be on your Zapco swag. .

Sell? ...in a word, no. I am an audio Hoarder! lol But- these are actually on eBay once in a blue moon.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

old pioneer impp 10 from 1995. still works too. perfect condition other than a dent in the dust cap.

http://m1044.photobu...mAF+tp8Y5YUB4Be

remember the IMPP's that had the semi clear/green diamond plate cones? those looked sweet when u put neons in the box.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

So I picked up the amp today, tested it and works perfect. :)

Id rate the condition 9/10 few nicks here and there.

Not bad for an amp from 1988 !

17clt0.jpg

2zit06a.jpg

10eiz3k.jpg

1990 Crx - Clarion DRZ9255 - Zapco Studio 50 & 100 - Kicker nd25a - Morel Elate 6

1991 Civic - Alpine 7909 - Zapco Studio 150 - Zapco z300C2 - Boston RC61 - Mtx slx2 - Kicker s12D sub

Archived