Sonic Electronix

Okay, so here's the current situation. I have a 12" sub in a 3 cube box that HAS to be tuned to some retardedly low frequency (it's a dual sub box...blown sub has been removed). I'm about to say fuck the warranty, and grab another one new for cheap from sonicelectronix or ebay. I'm tired of having to restrict how hard I push my "last man standing." No bass = cranky driving conditions. So, when the new one gets here, what should I do. The ideas I have are:

1) Unhook the one currently in the box and use it as a passive radiator while the other breaks in.

2) Grab a cheap single sub ported box, throw the new one in there, tune accordingly for the break in period...when it's broken in, put it in the old box, and then retune.

3) Leave everything as is but drop the new one in. Same tuning setup, etc.

What would you guys do?

OH...and is it a bad idea to keep running my single 12 in this big ass box (for a single 12 that is)?

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

Sounds like a plan. The guys at the shop that sold my parents the shit that I installed were all paranoid about break in periods. Still are probably. I understand when you first get a system, but a replacement is a replacement. The extra force from the other sub will probably make the process go faster anyway.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

Archived