dsmdan's 05 Ram Quad Cab Blow-Through Build

Hey everyone sorry for the delay in updates but I've been pretty busy with other things around the house and work the past few weeks. However, I did manage to get a nice piece of copper and fab up some busbars for the rear batts, and I was able to draw up a box design I think I'm happy with, but might end up changing a thing or two.

Also yesterday I purchased the sheets of mdf and other needed supplies, and I'm heading out soon for a few more supplies, then I plan on starting the box today. I may end up cut done today too, we'll see.

And still no amp, so whenever I am done with the setup, I'll be strapping 2 of my AQ2200's to them for the meanwhile.

Thanks!

IMG_00038x6.jpg

IMG_00028x6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

gonna be an epic 6th order blow-through!

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Hey all sorry for the delays again (like you really care haha), I must be the slowest project builder ever!

The box is not done yet, its partially completely and hopefully today I can get more done on it and start the fiberglass work on the inside.

Still no hole cut, but I do no how big it will be. I'm waiting to cut the hole last after the box is finished so the hole will be 100% accurate.

Still need to run the power and ground runs to the bed. I had the grounds ran, but they turned out to be just shy of being long enough so I had to remove them. Everything is an arm's length away, I just need some ambition!

Here's a few pics of when I was just beginning the box, sorry no mid-completion pics.

DSCF0001800x600.jpg

DSCF0006800x600-1.jpg

-Dan Kasun

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

Does that fosgate amp have the LED needles to show output and voltage?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I reread the new equipment fast. I didn't see that it was the punch series amp..I thought it was power

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Well guys if all goes as expected, the build should be completed today! Lots of pics to come later, I forgot my camera at the shop this morning.

The box is about 80% done, and is fully fiberglassed inside. My RD D9 amp is en route via UPS to my house now. The wires are almost fully ran under the truck and to the back and back into the cab for the amp. The cut is being made today.

Will update later! I'm stoked!

-Dan Kasun

dam bro get to work on this! i did a 6th order blow through with 2 18 xl's and it was violent. u like it, but get some pics up man!

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Archived