dsmdan's 05 Ram Quad Cab Blow-Through Build

nice shit this should move some air. what do you have for alts or do you.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

nice shit this should move some air. what do you have for alts or do you.

i do this in the morn sometimes i read the build log and it dont compute. dc 270 alt im a re tard.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

u runnin 2 runs of 1/0 power and 2 runs of ground to the back batts?

2 runs of power yes. I'm just running 1 run of 1/0 for the ground.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

Nice truck!

How hard was it to change your alternator?

I put in an aftermarket alt last night on my 05 Ram. It was a real bitch. Had to pry the old one out with a couple big screwdrivers. Then had to literally beat the new one into place with a small sledge hammer. I should have ground down the ear tabs when I realized how tight it was going to be.

To me the alternator was a piece of cake to change, but I'm also a certified Chrysler Jeep Dodge Tech so naturally it would be. Shit, even trans swaps are cakewalk most the time.

Would you mind going into a little more detail about how you modified your rear seats to fold fully down?

-Dan Kasun

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

To me the alternator was a piece of cake to change, but I'm also a certified Chrysler Jeep Dodge Tech so naturally it would be. Shit, even trans swaps are cakewalk most the time.

Would you mind going into a little more detail about how you modified your rear seats to fold fully down?

Sure.

I got a piece of 3/4" steel pipe and cut it into 1" pieces and spray painted them black.

I bought longer seat bolts and put the seats back in with the spacers in place.

With the seats folded up the back raised just enough to go above the brackets on the back wall (I actually had to bend a couple of them down a fraction of an inch).

So, with the bottom seats folded up the back comes out of the brackets and you can fold it forward. When you put it back in place and fold the bottom seats back down the hooks drop back in behind the brackets.

2 runs of power yes. I'm just running 1 run of 1/0 for the ground.

fair enough. looks like you have enough grounds up front to keep a small town safe.

4 - 15 Sundown Z v.2 @ 35Hz

2 - AP3000D

2 - RF Power Punch 6.5 Comps

2 - RF Power Power

1 - Kinetic KHC2000

3 - Kinetic KHC2400

Iraggi 300A

Knu Wiring

Sure.

I got a piece of 3/4" steel pipe and cut it into 1" pieces and spray painted them black.

I bought longer seat bolts and put the seats back in with the spacers in place.

With the seats folded up the back raised just enough to go above the brackets on the back wall (I actually had to bend a couple of them down a fraction of an inch).

So, with the bottom seats folded up the back comes out of the brackets and you can fold it forward. When you put it back in place and fold the bottom seats back down the hooks drop back in behind the brackets.

Have you tried just flipping the brackets on the back wall over and seeing if that works?

-Dan Kasun

Gotcha. Well I'm going to try flipping the brackets and I'll let you know if it works. If it doesn't work, a 1/4" to 1/2" spacer should only be required along with the bracket flip.

-Dan Kasun

Well not too much of an update. Lately I've been doing some more work on the interior door speakers and sound deadening them and other misc. things.

But on a good note my 3 other Deka batts came in today! Cheap factory 2nd's FTW. So now I have a total of 5 Deka 9a31's, giving me a combined 4000 cold cranking amps, and 500 ah battery reserve. Not too shabby for a DD considering I only have about $400 into all 5 of them. Just have to pick up some nuts and washers for the terminals.

DSCF0004800x600.jpg

DSCF0002800x600.jpg

Also, I flipped over the rear wall seat brackets, and sure enough, they now allow the rear seats to fold fully down while still locking to the wall in both the full up and the seating positions. No modifications were required, but it I'm going to tighten up the gap on the actual brackets on the seats so they fit a bit more snugly. I'm concerned that I'll have some rattling noises with them as is.

However, I've been tossing around the idea of mounting the extra Batts in the truck under the rear seats, but I'll need an extra inch or so to make that work. So if I decide to to that I'll end up doing something like Namosh did and "raise" the rear seats up a bit. I'm not fully positive yet, but I may be only able to fit 3 of the batts under the rear seats, so I may end up mounting 1 under the hood. I could easily pick up a diesel battery tray for the passenger side and put it there, and have the other 3 in the rear. We'll see how it plays out.

Here's a pic of the brackets. The bracket on the right is the factory orientation. Left bracket shows it simply flipped over allowing the rear seats to fully lay flat.

DSCF0006800x600.jpg

Also the slider to slider accordion seal showed up today (sorry no pic).

I also removed the current plastic tray like bedliner for a bit extra height clearance and took some measurements for max box dimensions. I can go 50" wide max, I'm willing to go up to 50" deep max, and I can go 21" to 21 1/4" high max. That should give me just enough height to stand the 18's straight up and not have to angle them, yay! At least now with these specs I can start designing the box.

I hope to get the rear wall and part of floor finished with sound deadener tomorrow, and then start planning out the box. And I hope to have decided on final battery placement too. When I have that done, I'll find some shit and the balls to cut my hole.

-Dan Kasun

Archived