berniebp87 Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 Hey! I`m stuck between the choices of a new door setup, Should I go with multiple speakers or 1 really good one? (2 or 3way comp.set) I`m not looking after SPL from the doors, they just have to play damn loud and crystal clear. I`m leaning more to 1 set of RF T152S and 2 sets of T1652S and one pair of T1T tweets for the doors. Been looking on some Seas, Focal, Hertz and DD as well. I want your opinions, what would you do? The budget is about 1000$ Here is the current setup. Proud member of SMD My build log 2 DDZ9518 2 DynaBel BF 8501 2 GZ Neo 8"s 154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s 145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s My youtube vids
wL<3bass Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 I'd pick Hertz they will be my next setup. edit: I also like the DD German Comps too.... even the DD-C model is nice, very comparable to my RF Power series comps, Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
72mach1 Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 Wouldn't something like horns and efficient drivers give you the loud your looking for? It won't give you imaging and staging, buy looking at your previous setup, you aren't looking for that anyway. More drivers will help get the cabin louder then using less drivers and working them harder.
wL<3bass Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 If he is looking for just loud... he could just get some Pro Audio mid ranges and some bullet tweeters and have loud. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
keepinitloud Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 I see that you are using soundstream comps already have you looked into there pro components? 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
Ray Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 Hertz hsk163L damn loud a set of ID horns is by far the loudest your gonna get, but tuning them can be a PITA 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
berniebp87 Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 I see that you are using soundstream comps already have you looked into there pro components? I`m not so pleased with how my SS speakers perform, in fact, the pair 5.25 Alpine speakers beats all the SS speakers hands down when it comes to loudness and SQ. But they are not the top of the line SS product, I`ll look into some of their pro components. Hertz hsk163L damn loud a set of ID horns is by far the loudest your gonna get, but tuning them can be a PITA I`ve been looking on those alot, and my favorite audioshop got them. I`ll have to get my butt over there and check them out and hear them. But how about some Focal 165KRX? And some Focal 100KRS in the A-pillars? Focal are cheaper here then in any other European country, and some discount will make this fit the budget Proud member of SMD My build log 2 DDZ9518 2 DynaBel BF 8501 2 GZ Neo 8"s 154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s 145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s My youtube vids
CaptainzPlanetz Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 I really like how my Rainbow 6.5's sound, they also get pretty loud. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Ray Posted February 25, 2010 Report Posted February 25, 2010 I dont care for the KRX at all. just had a custy pull them out and drop in hertz mlk's night and day. but if they are in the budget...... 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
berniebp87 Posted February 25, 2010 Author Report Posted February 25, 2010 I dont care for the KRX at all. just had a custy pull them out and drop in hertz mlk's night and day. but if they are in the budget...... I won`t spend money on something that just fits the budget, so I`ll take your word for it and forget about the KRX. But it was the Hertz MLK 165 you ment right? Anything else to supplement this setup? would like to have something in the A-pillars as well. Maybe a Hertz HD 500.3? Or Morel Supremo Piccolo? Proud member of SMD My build log 2 DDZ9518 2 DynaBel BF 8501 2 GZ Neo 8"s 154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s 145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s My youtube vids
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.