Sonic Electronix

need help choosing new subwoofer

ok so am getting ready to do an upgrade my subwoofer i got a kenwood amp bridged and it does 500 rms at 4 omhs its a temporary amp till i buy my monoblock .. ok so i would like to buy either a 2 ohm kicker 10" L5 and wire it to 4 ohms http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11353_Kicker+Solo-Baric+L5+08S10L52.html

for now then later ill get another one of the same sub when i get my monoblock

my other choice was a 15" kicker cvr 2 ohms and wire it the same way i would like to put either sub that i get in a sealed box built to specs because right now i dont got the money and the time to built a ported box and tune it all that stuff..i also like these subs because there afordable and are around the same price ... also am going with a sealed because i listen to spanish music using a bass enhancer epicenter and i wanna hit all the quick low notes .... so yeah whats ur opinion on these to subs this is my second woofer that ill be purchasing and am going for a sq build not spl but at the same time pretty loud .. which one will hit cleaner but at the same time loud ??

cowboys_logo.gif

kickers not so much sq subs

look at the dc lvl 2s or lvl 3s if you are looking for sq or at the fi ssd or q model

also no need to post 2 different threads man

or mabie rockford punch or power line

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

kickers not so much sq subs

look at the dc lvl 2s or lvl 3s if you are looking for sq or at the fi ssd or q model

also no need to post 2 different threads man

well i was only looking 140 cuz then ama pay extra for warranty and to buy another box the rest of those subs seem a little more expensive ... and what o u mean 2 diffrent threads i probably posted by accident becuz my comp is lagging it

cowboys_logo.gif

or mabie rockford punch or power line

yeah i love the way the p3s sound but i wanted to step it up to a 15 and thats a little more than i wanna spend right now so the kickers seem the more budget friendly but u guys didnt tell me which which sub would sound best

cowboys_logo.gif

if you want SQ .... Stereo Integrity Mags :)

but the *** icons are nice as well,

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

well i was only looking 140 cuz then ama pay extra for warranty and to buy another box the rest of those subs seem a little more expensive ... and what o u mean 2 diffrent threads i probably posted by accident becuz my comp is lagging it

yeah i love the way the p3s sound but i wanted to step it up to a 15 and thats a little more than i wanna spend right now so the kickers seem the more budget friendly but u guys didnt tell me which which sub would sound best

You dont make much sense man. Get both of them and find out which sounds better, no one can tell you what would sound better there is way to much stuff you would have to factor in. BTW if you are looking for sq what so ever stay away from kicker.

kicker and sound quality should never be used in the same sentence i have a friend that had 2 cvr in a sealed box and they sound like shit im with cthedinger go with the q or something

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

kicker and sound quality should never be used in the same sentence i have a friend that had 2 cvr in a sealed box and they sound like shit im with cthedinger go with the q or something

oo well now am checking out the alpine type r or the fosgate p3 what size do u guys suggest ... by the way am upgrading from a single 12" jl w1v2 and for the moment am looking to be louder on the same amp

cowboys_logo.gif

Archived