piezo sirens or air horns

as some of you know i have several sirens inside my car to help keep people out. last weekend i set it off with the texas boys inside and they just looked at me like "ya... and...?" not a reaction i want out of my alarm lol. so i was thinking of getting an air horn or just adding piezo sirens. i really dont know anything about air horns or how loud this will be, thats why im asking. of corse i could do both but im running out of places to hide these things lol.

air horn

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Radio shack sells piezos for about $8 each. Supposedly they are 120dB, but I doubt it. They are loud and do hurt when in an area they're being played at. Very high pitched. The ones I have in the van can be heard down the street louder than the siren under the hood.

And they can be pretty much hidden anywhere. Just make sure the holes aren't covered cause that'll muffle the sound quit a bit.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

cool, i didnt know radio shack had piezos. that'll save me a few bucks on shipping. ill definitely be adding a few of them. maybe replace 2 of the sirens in my car with piezos as well. then ill have 4 under the dash.

i cant do train horns inside the car. i dont think i could ever find a place to hide those horns.

anyone know how loud the sirens that come with the vipers are supposed to be?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

My buddy has an elecrtic train horn mounted in the trunk and it feeds into the interior, it will make you crap your pants, If anyone tries to sit in the car with that going off they WILL GO DEAF!!

He had the windows down at a show last year and set it off..... with-in 5 minutes be had 15 people wanting installs like his.

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

My buddy has an elecrtic train horn mounted in the trunk and it feeds into the interior, it will make you crap your pants, If anyone tries to sit in the car with that going off they WILL GO DEAF!!

He had the windows down at a show last year and set it off..... with-in 5 minutes be had 15 people wanting installs like his.

Steven

oh i believe it lol. but im just going to do that much modding for train horns. one time my dog set off my alarm while he was in it. can you imagine if i had train horns? lol poor doggy.

Not super loud, I could make a video if you want?

nah, i dont need a vid, thank you though. i have 5 of those on my car and they are decently loud but if i had a DB number for them i could see if the piezos are supposed to be louder and by how much.

no shit? well that settles it lol. i might stop by radio shack today then. maybe i can install a couple while im at work tonight.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Archived