piezo sirens or air horns

A good car thief won't ever set off the audible bit of your alarm. With all your piezos, how many of you run a battery-backup siren? And how many of you have a bonnet pin that's installed in a sensible location? Having worked at a shop I know way too many nasty tricks that thieves use. Not going into detail on the internet though, don't want to give the wrong people ideas.

No matter what you do, there is always going to be a way around it. Fact of life. The object is to make the thief work so hard they might actually give up (well it sounds like a good plan). Remember, locks are only made for HONEST people.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

A good car thief won't ever set off the audible bit of your alarm. With all your piezos, how many of you run a battery-backup siren? And how many of you have a bonnet pin that's installed in a sensible location? Having worked at a shop I know way too many nasty tricks that thieves use. Not going into detail on the internet though, don't want to give the wrong people ideas.

can you pm me and tell me about the ways they get around the alarm? maybe if i know the tricks i can find better ways to combat them. i tried to pm you but i guess your inbox is full.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

can you pm me and tell me about the ways they get around the alarm? maybe if i know the tricks i can find better ways to combat them. i tried to pm you but i guess your inbox is full.

x2 I'm not someone who steals cars or any of that I just want to keep my stuff safe :D

• 1 month later...

Back up batteries rock!! Most of my alarm installs as well as my own cars feed off of a back up battery, both of my cars and even my motorcycle do also. I also have used Hood pins and magnetic stitches in the strangest places because they work and you cant get to them at all, Trunk and Hood struts are my fav,along with micro switches at the top of the door frame so if someone tries to pull it out to use a "Clothes Hanger" = "KIDS"... it will go off.

Back up batts are your best friend. Just make sure to hook them up right

Had a guy DO IT HIMSELF.. <_< He ran the alarm off the back up batt and had no way to charge it.... This was in a Porche 911.... He didnt want us to do the install on his baby, charged him more to fix it than it would have cost him to do it right the 1st time cause I had to pull it out and start over...

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Archived