Second Skin Audio

Two DC LVL5 12s in a Mustang Trunk

can you get pics of the opening? i know its a new car but in my car i only had an opening of about 33 wide and maybe 12-13 tall took out the sawzall and make the opening 36x15 1/2

this is in te trunk of a 1994 cavalier ive got a box thats 14 tall 35 wide and 33 deep in and im sure i can fit 15Tx36Wx34D into the trunk but getting it into the car is already a pain in te ass im sure with a little cutting and alittle bending you wont needs to build the box in the trunk might have to pull seats and center consol out to get the box into the car ( depending on how big the door opening is, and how far seats will slide forward) may also need to pull out the bottom cusion to your back seat to give you more room to slide the box in to fit it in i know i need to pull entire back seat out and slide both front seats alllll the way forward to fit the box into the car

hope this makes sence and helps you out

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

can you get pics of the opening? i know its a new car but in my car i only had an opening of about 33 wide and maybe 12-13 tall took out the sawzall and make the opening 36x15 1/2

this is in te trunk of a 1994 cavalier ive got a box thats 14 tall 35 wide and 33 deep in and im sure i can fit 15Tx36Wx34D into the trunk but getting it into the car is already a pain in te ass im sure with a little cutting and alittle bending you wont needs to build the box in the trunk might have to pull seats and center consol out to get the box into the car ( depending on how big the door opening is, and how far seats will slide forward) may also need to pull out the bottom cusion to your back seat to give you more room to slide the box in to fit it in i know i need to pull entire back seat out and slide both front seats alllll the way forward to fit the box into the car

hope this makes sence and helps you out

It makes sense but, im not takin a sawzal to this ride. I got 34 inches wide by 13 high WITH cutting and I got a box design for a single 12 with the help of Decaf with those dimensions. A box for two 12s is no way gonna fit through there.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

thats all you can cut? r u sure? and how deep can you go in the trunk?

Edited by rc.btl

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

thats all you can cut? r u sure? and how deep can you go in the trunk?

Look, im not gonna cut because it wont give me that much more room. Like I said before, the trunk is pretty big, just the openings in the back and at the seat folddown are small as hell.

The bottom line is the box will be assembled in the trunk, I only want help from those who have done this kind of build before.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

oh.. maybe to ppl who have done this build how is the box gonna be sub up port back or firing into the cabin. sorry if i missed it earlier. that might get you some help

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

oh.. maybe to ppl who have done this build how is the box gonna be sub up port back or firing into the cabin. sorry if i missed it earlier. that might get you some help

That part is still undecided, very early stage of planning. My idea is subs back, port back, but I am open to suggestions. I do like the idea of a sealed off trunk subs forward, port forward. Just looking for experienced opinions right now.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

x2 on subs and ports forward, and you always seal when you fire forward ;)

i did sub back port up (through rear deck) because my seat doesnt fold down. if it did, best believe it would be sub/port up.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC