Sonic Electronix

what could cause subs to squeak?

today i go to my trunk while they are playing and i hear some faint squeaking. at first i thought it was something inside of the trunk somewhere squeaking (which it may be, i dont know, i dont hear it inside but only when i put my head close to my subs)

but they arent blown and it was even at a low volume say 16/60.they shouldnt be clipping either

and also are subs supposed to get louder when the weather gets warmer?

idk if its just me but i did get a cold and when i went to listen to them, i turn them up and my rearview shakes 90 degrees to the side and down instead of just down like it did last week on the same song, same volume. or it could just been that my rear view becamse looser. they dont sound louder, they actually sound fainter to me, but i think my ears are a little plugged from being sick.

oh and since i moved my phase from 180 to 0 the subs are showing a ton more excursion. at 180 they moved 1/4 of an inch all the way up but now they move like 1/2-1 inch. is that normal or bad or what?

thanks

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

can anybody help?? jeez

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

time for new coil bearings

ok like boon said its prob a air leak. try a lil tape around where the sound is coming from to see if it goes away. if not move onto the next possibility

spray all the bearings down with wd-40, it should stop.

or seal all the airleaks, either way.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived