Doesn't sound to loud from the video. But 2 15's... Always loud. Any flex from those bad boys?

84 K5 Blazer

3" body, 2" Suspension

35" Maxxis Bighorn

100amp Alt

Marine deep cycle for the amps (freebie)

KnuKonceptz 1/0

8 Hifonics HFi 12D4's in ~19cubes tuned to 35hz

Audiopipe AP-18001D

RF 5x8's in the kicks

Almani 5.25 comp. in back

Kenwood KAC-645

--IN THE FUTURE--

None.

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM:name=Decaf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Decaf @ Feb 3 2010, 09:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we seriously need some butt plugs so you guys stop spewing chit talk<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

man please let us know what you think. im all for having bass and a trunk. but what she sound like. does she go deep or is is good guality bass with out a box killing the trunk space.

It sound good. The bass isn't artificially bloated like it would be in a box system. This artificial bloating of the bass is okay when we're listening to rap or techno because the music is created electronically and we're not the wiser on how it should sound. When it comes to bass drums, the bass is nice and tight. It's got a nice fast kick to it.

Here is a little comparison. At home I've got a pair of 15" AA Avalanche subs. Each in a 3.5ft^3 box tuned to 28Hz. They run off a Behringer Europower EP2500 amp, about 2000 watts rms. I play any rap and I rock the house, literally. Night club levels, no problem. I pop in Metallica the black album and the drums sound terrible. I have to eq the bass down to get it to sound natural. Move the music to the car and the Metallica sounds great and so does the rap. Granted I don't have a measurement system for the car like a do for the house. If I did I'd post a graph or something.

Bottom line is, mission accomplished. Enough bass to piss off the neighbors, and all the trunk space I can shake a stick at. I like it. It does great listening Baby Bash, and does equally great listening to Regina Spektor. True, it's not a 140dB system, it's a world of compromises.

Doesn't sound to loud from the video. But 2 15's... Always loud. Any flex from those bad boys?

Not too loud? I was giving her all she had. LOL! It's not loud for us, my grandma might complain, not us thought. 2 15"s, 500 watts, and no box doesn't get you much these days. If I had to guess. I think this system would meter 130dB listening to the bassiest of bass music. Max would be around 133dB at a low frequency. I make do with what I got. It's a clean tight bassed 130 though.

yeah its easy to make rap and other types of music sound good with a box. but like you said real drums sound harse and really have to turn my bass down with rock or metal.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

If your going to try it, don't set yourself up for failure. Here are some tips.If all you have is a 10" to play with, go with a box instead. Displacement is king for an IB setup. Either get the biggest ones you can fit or get a bunch smaller ones. Don't go power crazy. The only thing controlling the cone is the spider. It won't take but a hundred watts to bottom out the sub and ruin it. IB setups work best in a trunk car. If you have a hatchback or a van, go with a box. Putting in a wall for IB in these vehicles is pointless. A wall is for when you're going to shake the world off it's axis. Lastly, buy a sub designed for IB. Stick to these guidelines and you'll have some bass and get to keep the trunk.

Archived