I cleaned up the install a bit. A big thanks to all those who got after me to finish the dang think. Thanks.

First are the rear components. Being that they are mounted on the rear deck and this is an IB setup I opted to enclose the mids.

This is what they looked like.

143.jpg

These are the enclosures. Thermal-formed abs plastic.

134.jpg

My flange was a little short. I ended up having to modify the u-nuts.

137.jpg

Here is the finished enclosure.

139.jpg

Lastly, a test fit.

142.jpg

What do you think?

Here are some pics of another project I'm working on. It's a 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo. I had a 454 with a turbo350 trans. I burned a valve and parked it. 10+ years later I'm going to bring it back to life with some new school power.

As it sits.

152.jpg

The big block is out. A hellacious hail storm did the windshield in.

151.jpg

The grill. Nuff said.

149.jpg

New school power. 6.0 LY6 (LS engine family) Fuel injected with variable valve timing. Factory rated at 353HP / 375TQ

145.jpg

The transmission. 4L80E, 4 speed automatic, overdrive transmission. Beefy. Hey, what are my Atlas doing on the floor?

146.jpg

More to come. Stay tuned.

Here we go, a system clean up that would make old-schooler's proud.

Here I'm fitting all the original trunk carpeting and panels.

130.jpg

I was getting ready to pick up some carpeting when I came across this.

153.jpg

F@ck it. Lets be different. It's cheap too. :)

This is the first time I wrap/upholster anything.

154.jpg

The finished baffle. Hey, there's my Monte Carlo

155.jpg

Here is the baffle and carpeting in place.

157.jpg

I replaced the cheap nuts with some nicer acorn nuts and washers.

162.jpg

Up close and personal with an acorn nut.

163.jpg

Amps in place. I organized the wiring as well.

164.jpg

169.jpg

I mounted the passive cross-overs underneath the rear deck to clean things up a bit. The mids are enclosed so their cones aren't affected by the subs.

167.jpg

168.jpg

Finally the subs are back in place.

173.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

180.jpg

Another benefit of an infinite baffle install. You don't need to dick around with a heavy ass box to get the spare out when you get a flat. Hehe.

172.jpg

Yea bringing back the boom board! Great install looks really clean mang!

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

Thanks everyone.

I don't know about making it easy. You should have been there every time I banged my knees. God, I feel old. You would have laughed you ass off every time I cursed the stars because the screw driver was just an inch too far from me to reach. My favorite was when I was tempted to call 911 because I couldn't get myself up out of the trunk after laying in it to mount the crossovers on the rear deck. Classic man moments. :P

LOL! The boom board. The first time I heard that was back in 93 when a shop was demo-ing 4 Orion 10" IB subs in the back of a Cadillac Seville. Can you tell it left a lasting impression.

The rear deck isn't air tight sealed. There are the various small holes and what not that I'm just going to pretend aren't there. There are four large rectangular openings around the crossovers that do bug me. Right now it gets covered with some jute-insulation, then the carpeted fiber board that's a quarter inch thick. It seems to get the job done. I'd like to follow up with some deadening material over the rear deck to really cover up all those openings a bit tighter.

Cheers

Archived