Questions about buying wheels online

So in a few weeks I'll be getting my taxes back as well as a fat ass bonus check from my job. I really want to buy some wheels for my burban since those factory 17s aren't cutting it any more. I've been looking at wheels from sites such as wheelsnext.com, superbuytires.com and from ebay. Anyone here brought rims and tires from online retailers or ebay before? If so how was the experience? Would you do it again? And was it worth the savings vs going to a local rim & tire shop?

I'm looking to do either 6's or 4's for the burb. I've also been checking out craigslist to spot a deal on some nice wheels. Not really set on chrome either, would love to get some used painted wheels that I can have repaint to color match my trucks birch silver paint.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

well if your gonna paint them why spend the money on new? i wouldnt atleast, if you buy some decent used ones and get them painted they are gonna look almost new and you save some $$$. shipping will be an arm and a leg too, id buy used or buy from a shop somewhere close to your area. At discount tire this guy bought some for his tahoe 24s for around 2600 not too bad for new....

i bought the 17s for my cavalier from wheelmax like 7 years ago. shipped them to my door and all I had to do was jack the car up and mount them up. Im going to do it again for the 24s

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

well if your gonna paint them why spend the money on new? i wouldnt atleast, if you buy some decent used ones and get them painted they are gonna look almost new and you save some $$$. shipping will be an arm and a leg too, id buy used or buy from a shop somewhere close to your area. At discount tire this guy bought some for his tahoe 24s for around 2600 not too bad for new....

I totally agree with you. That is why I've been looking on craigslist too. I'm trying to find decent used wheels if I can to do the color matching thing. If I can't find any used wheels and have to go new, then I'm not going to paint them. Can't see me buying brand new $4 to $7k rims and tires, just to turn around and paint them. So far the cheapest set of 26's I've been able to find off of St.Louis' cragslist are a set for $3k here.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....