got 2 bl 18's, thinking of changing to 4 ssd's

im running 2 bl 18's off 2 sundown 1500d's in about 20 cubes tuned to 33hz in expedition now. Thought about changing to 4 fi ssd 18's on the same 2 amps. Since its double the cone area, but lower power handling sub, would it be worth it as in a good bit louder? Each sub would be gettin around 750 each, maybe more. any thoughts?

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator

I would. Tristan560 went from two 18" BTL's to four 15" SSD's and it was a lot louder. It was just as loud if not louder than my three 18" BL's. So yea 4 SSD's would be a great choice. Or you could get 1 or 2 more BL's like me :)

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

I heard tristan560's ssd's also and they are a great 'entry' level woofer. I'm still very suprised the difference the ssd's made versus the btls... Night and day difference. I wouldn't hesitate swapping them out but atleast give them rated power

Edited by dccavalier

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

i thought about addin another bl 18, but i dont want to have to get another sub amp too, and i was told not to mix the 2 older bl's with a new one. I have had the bl's for over a year now, and im just ready for something else. The ssd's are rated 800 rms, so they would be getting at least 750. I probably sale my bl's now, and then if im not happy with the ssd's, i may try something else. thanks for help guys

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator