Sonic Electronix

same song, bass louder/ softer?

ive noticed a change in how loud bass is in the same song. say i download a mixtape from lil wayne and play i think i love her from no cielings, it has 10x more bass than the i think i love her from gucci. same beat and everything but it has wayne rapping and the bass is 10x louder in my car, which makes me scared to play it because i think something is wrong.

this has happened a few times to me and i was wondering if maybe i just got a bad version of the song? or what happens? and has anyone else noticed this before?

thanks

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

depends, which quality sounds better...does the one with louder bass have clipping and sound distorted?

It all depends on the bit rate/quality of the song

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

It can be a bad dub over but more than likely it was just mixed differently

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

ok well i played watch my shoes by lil wayne and it has bass 10x louder than all of my songs and it shows no clipping in audacity. it doesnt sound distorted or anything but it doesnt sound normal since its so much louder than the rest. and i dont know if its just that version or not.

and no i dont think its clipped i just find different versions of songs and sometimes ill find a song with no bass, get it later and it has tons of bass and im like wtf

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

some djs do what i do, boost levels... and some do it better than others

its much simplier than most people think

i would explain this more indepth but basically when producers make songs sometimes they dont raise the levels to max once everything is put together... they are kinda lazy or not aware they can... other times the file has been overcompressed, or overlyboosted by dumb djs

this is what i do tho, i try to level out the playing field and attempt to get the most out of every song... and i end up downloading 3-4 copies of each song til i find the one i like the most

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived