Second Skin Audio

Ok guys a friend of mine wants to build a wall for 6 mayhem 18"s in a 91 chevy ext cab 2500 these are the dimensions I can work with. I am not sure how to figure in the displacement of any bracing that will be needed or even if the displacement will make that much of a difference. any and all opinions are welcomed.6mayhem.jpg[/img]

6mayhem.jpg

couldn't you just figure up the displacement of the bracing and just add that to the sub displacement to get the results you're looking for? :huh:

'05 CHEVY TAHOE

Pioneer N4 | 4- MEMPHIS M3 12's ..... 2 DC LVL 4 XL's ON THE WAY | 1- MEMPHIS MOJO 4k | 2- Optima Yellow Tops

Ohio Gen 295A Alt | Kicker 1/0 Wires, RCA's, & Connections | BIG 3 | SECOND SKIN SPL TILES

dc_audio.jpg

secondskin_728x90.gif[/center]

Wood thickness .75 look cheap for 6 Mayhems!

couldn't you just figure up the displacement of the bracing and just add that to the sub displacement to get the results you're looking for? :huh:

both agree with these. your gonna need somethin thicker than 3/4" for a wall...and a lot of support and bracing...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Never even though about adding to the sub displacement. Thanks alot. 1.5"mdf???

With steelstabilizers in it, yes. Sry, english to little, or something other cant find the way to insert a link to a topic. Look in Membersbuild/Show off, second side, Opel Combo with Digital

Designs/RF from Charger, this is in my oppinion a box without stabilizers but a lot of MDF. Think u need 2 massive stabilizers and a thicker wooferwall than 1.5

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

With steelstabilizers in it, yes. Sry, english to little, or something other cant find the way to insert a link to a topic. Look in Membersbuild/Show off, second side, Opel Combo with Digital

Designs/RF from Charger, this is in my oppinion a box without stabilizers but a lot of MDF. Think u need 2 massive stabilizers and a thicker wooferwall than 1.5

so you are saying that 1.5" would be fine with the exception of the face?? are there any stronger alternatives to MDF? I'm thinking some three 2x4's with 45's at each joint and then two more from the front to the back and two from side to side?

TTT

I hope you're talking about doubling up on the .75 MDF. Yes there is a stronger alternative to MDF. Birch Plywood but it'll cost and arm and leg and it resonates more then MDF. Unless you fiberglass or Dynaliner the whole box stick with the MDF. As far as bracing I'd have 2 2x4's between the face and back and 1 across the middle. (if that makes any sense) I'm assuming they'll be stacked 3 on 3 when I say this.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)