Sonic Electronix

whoever said reverse the + and - is wrong too

you only do that if one sub is inverted and the other is normal

it is still going to be the same wiring

Well then why don't we all just wire our subs in reverse polarity regardless of if it's inverted or not? when you reverse it w/o reversing polarity, you risk canceling out some of the frequencies that may cross with the midbass.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Well then why don't we all just wire our subs in reverse polarity regardless of if it's inverted or not? when you reverse it w/o reversing polarity, you risk canceling out some of the frequencies that may cross with the midbass.

I have not had any problems of this sort with mine the polarity is reversed look at my vids

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I have not had any problems of this sort with mine the polarity is reversed look at my vids

No, no. What I'm saying is when you invert the sub, you should reverse the polarity. If you don't, it's like reversing the polarity on a sub mounted regularly.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

If you invert the sub, you reverse the polarity on the speaker terminals. Otherwise the sub will be out of phase. Whether its one sub, 2 subs, isobaric, whatever. Whatever sub is inverted will have its wiring inverted (if you want to look at it that way). Any subs mounted facing normally will have their wiring connected normally.

As said before, the only exception to this would be if you had a 180 degree phase switch.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. I love how misinformation spreads like this.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

If you invert the sub, you reverse the polarity on the speaker terminals. Otherwise the sub will be out of phase. Whether its one sub, 2 subs, isobaric, whatever. Whatever sub is inverted will have its wiring inverted (if you want to look at it that way). Any subs mounted facing normally will have their wiring connected normally.

As said before, the only exception to this would be if you had a 180 degree phase switch.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. I love how misinformation spreads like this.

What would the problem with subs that are out of phase be? (and I mean out of phase with the rest of the system, not subs out of phase with each other). Can you hear a phase difference between a sub and a tweeter or does it only have an effect between bass and mid-bass?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i inverted my sub yesterday w/o reversing polarity and the "kicks" to the song seem missing which i believe are the mid bass frequencies...canceled out i guess but it do sound "heavier".

edit:going to flip it back

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

What would the problem with subs that are out of phase be? (and I mean out of phase with the rest of the system, not subs out of phase with each other). Can you hear a phase difference between a sub and a tweeter or does it only have an effect between bass and mid-bass?

Yes you can, its called Time Alignment. Just having the subs mounted and wired normal, there are still time alignment settings that can be done so the sound from the rear speakers and the sound from the frontstage reach the driver at the same time.

If you have a sub inverted and wired normal, the audio signal (sine wave) will be out of phase with the rest of your system.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

I couldn't agree more, this thread is full of it.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Yes you can, its called Time Alignment. Just having the subs mounted and wired normal, there are still time alignment settings that can be done so the sound from the rear speakers and the sound from the frontstage reach the driver at the same time.

If you have a sub inverted and wired normal, the audio signal (sine wave) will be out of phase with the rest of your system.

Very cool, thank your for the answer. I have never messed with anything but normally mounted subs and would have never guessed you can with time alignment and phasing between front stage and subs. Learn something new everyday! I guess this is why some amps have a phase knob that allows you to pick from 0° to 180° rather than only 0° or 180°.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived