Best 6.5" Component Set for the $$$?

I have a 2006 Dodge charger that I run two amps in, both Coustic 1200Watt 1 for the sub and a 4ch for the cab. I'm running alpine type s 6x9's all around and am wanting to switch to a 6.5" component set in the front as I have a dash opening that I do not use due to the setup I currently have.

I am wondering what you all would recommend, I have had a set of alpine type x before and liked them, just don't know how they measure up these days...

I will be putting I think 100W RMS into each.

I want all around crisp and as organic of sound as possible...

Thanks in advance! Tony

Edited by MonkeyBoy

1996 Trooper LS 4X4 3.2L SOHC - Pioneer Head Unit, Big 3 Upgrade, Knuconceptz 1/0 Wiring, Polk 6X9's in the rear doors, Polk 6.5" Front Components, Coustic 4ch 1200W Amp, Rockford Fosgate R1000-R1 Sub Amp, Diamond Audio D912D4 12" Sub, Sub Zero 12" Vented Box, Airtec Snorkel - 6000K BiXenon HIDs - 16x7.5" Snowflakes - ARB Front Winch Bumper - Vortex 12000lb Winch - Superwinch Manual Hubs - 3" lift OME 919's + Coil Spacer -OME Nitrochargers - HD Lower Links - Front Control Arm Low Profile Droop Snubbers - Poly SwayBar Bushings - Ball Joint Flip + 1/4" Spacers.

Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5's :D

you'll be amazed with 100 watts!

^ this. I can vouch for these they get loud and stay clear.

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18207_Rockford+Fosgate+P1652-S.html

Damn, only $90! That's it, I'm getting these for sure then...can't beat the price since idk how long this car is gonna last, just need some good 6.5's

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Holy crap! I play that song all the time I can hear things I've never heard in that song off your video...

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

don't forget about the concealed crossovers to make it easy to wire up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjklIwsi3k

Are the speakers you are running there the Punch 1652's?

Edited by MonkeyBoy

1996 Trooper LS 4X4 3.2L SOHC - Pioneer Head Unit, Big 3 Upgrade, Knuconceptz 1/0 Wiring, Polk 6X9's in the rear doors, Polk 6.5" Front Components, Coustic 4ch 1200W Amp, Rockford Fosgate R1000-R1 Sub Amp, Diamond Audio D912D4 12" Sub, Sub Zero 12" Vented Box, Airtec Snorkel - 6000K BiXenon HIDs - 16x7.5" Snowflakes - ARB Front Winch Bumper - Vortex 12000lb Winch - Superwinch Manual Hubs - 3" lift OME 919's + Coil Spacer -OME Nitrochargers - HD Lower Links - Front Control Arm Low Profile Droop Snubbers - Poly SwayBar Bushings - Ball Joint Flip + 1/4" Spacers.

I looked them up and they only handle 60 watts rms, I am more along the lines of 100 watts rms, the speakers I have in there now say they handle 85watts rms and I can get them to start popping from overload, I am afraid to blow the 1652's. I had a set of JBL power's in my old car on the same 4ch amp and I blew the crossovers with it so this amp is nothing to shake a stick at, I just don't want to buy these and not have them able to handle the power....