messing a kids system up

ive told a few people about this on the forums but i think its just too funny not to post :D

this happened last month

so theres this kid at my school that got a system about two months back. he had two 12" jl audio and he always would talk about how he knows car audio and all this stuff, thinking hes the loudest in the school and the coolest. he also is very rude and acts like hes all that. so i decided to do a little work in audacity one night and bass boost a selection of songs to the max. after that i burned it to a cd and went to school the next day.

i go talk to the kid at lunch tellin him i want to check out his system because people have told me how good it is. hes like yeah its pretty loud. so i tell him i have a cd of some songs i wanted to listen to specifically and he could keep it after if he wanted. so he tells me after school to meet him and follow him to his car outside to listen to it.

so when i get to his car i give him the cd and he puts it in. hypnotize by jeezy starts playing and heres the LOL of it. when it first hits, it sounds like shit and you can hear his subs clipping very badly. when he hears the first hit his eyes get big and he looks at me and starts nodding his head. then he turns it down about 5 secs in and starts saying how this is the loudest his system has ever been.

after he tells me that he turns it up again and nods his head like its so sick of a system and everything, while im playing along nodding my head too.

not even 15 seconds probably into it, i start smelling smoke and then we hear a loud POP and his subs quit working.

he starts flipping out immediately and goes to check his subs. he starts pushing the cone in as far as it will go and you can hear the subs making a crunching noise.

he got so nervous and started talking about how his dad would kill him since hes the one who bought it (even though this kid is very rich). i start telling him that what happened is that the gain on his amp was too high. he told me he didnt know anything about that and i actually looked at his amp acting like i knew what i was talking about (because im not about to get in trouble and let him know about my cd)

so i told him his gain was way too high and that was his problem. i end up getting my cd back and told him if he wants it ill make a copy of it later. he says ok and he goes home. i havent talked to him since and its the funniest thing ive ever witnessed. hahahahaha

:D :D

and he never asked for the cd, but if he would've/ ever does then im just gonna burn a non bass boosted one lol

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

Ha Ha. That is a good idea. I may have to try that to a few people around my town :)

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT

Exterior: Tinted tails, Lowered with Eibach Springs, Black Housing Headlights, 6000k HIDs

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P400-4 & T10001bd

Batteries: Kinetik HC1400

Electrical: Big 3 Stock Alt

Enclosure: 4 ft³ @ 33Hz 75sq.in. of port (18.75sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Boston Acoustics SL60 (front), Boston Acoustic SX95 (rear)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: 1/0g KnuKonceptz Kollosus, 4g MobileSpec

kinda a dick move, but if he deserves it than i guess...

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

LOL you're crazy man. But still, that makes me laugh. I'd be pissed if that happened to me though

My First Set-Up (2008)

-Kicker CVR 2 ohm 12's in crap Prefab box

-Rockford digital 1 farad capacitor

-Hifonics Bxi1608d

-DB Link 2 gauge wiring kit

-Pioneer DEH-P3000IB Head Unit

My New Set-Up (2010)

-4 Alpine Type E 10's

-2 Apline MRP-M450's

-Custom box tuned @ 36 hertz

-JVC KD-R310 Head Unit

-Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge wiring

-Monster Cable RCA's

On the poor mans budget

I cant help not to laugh but that was kinda messed up on your part but still funny

Lost prophets carclub

DD for life

Visit my youtube My link

just throwing this out there, your an asshole

but i did lol

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i do think he just bought the same subs he had as before though because i was told he had subs about two weeks after it.

he has a mansion trust me hes very rich

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

Archived