Coming home from work last Saturday(my birthday) my gas pedal decided it didnt want to be mounted anymore and just slipped out of its groove and got stuck sideways, locking me up at about 3500rpm at about 50mph...this came to my attention right when the light turns red in 5-o-clock traffic...By the time I realized what was going on I hit the brake and tried to find an opening to slide into and attempt to stop. I got dangerously close to the Pontiac Firebird in front of me and I tried to swerve into the other lane, but it was too late...I clipped his rear driver side bumper and spun out...this is the result.....

Im out of pocket about $1500 on this thing w/o paint....gotta love liability only insurance...

Carnage_1.jpg

Carnage_2.jpg

Carnage_3.jpg

Carnage_4.jpg

Carnage_5.jpg

Carnage_6.jpg

Carnage_7.jpg

Edited by Cloak559

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif

Sorry to hear that bro, gas petals getting stuck is no joke, its happened to me before, luckily it was in a 4 cylinder ranger wich was pretty easy to control considering it has NOOO balls.

Hope you're okay and you get your car fixed up

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Sorry to hear that bro, gas petals getting stuck is no joke, its happened to me before, luckily it was in a 4 cylinder ranger wich was pretty easy to control considering it has NOOO balls.

Hope you're okay and you get your car fixed up

Yeah Im okay physically. Emotionally im dying...Had to sell my XXX 18" and my Planet Audio RXD2400 to pay for the repairs...

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif

You are so damn lucky it wasnt worse... I also have a gas pedal story, also stuck going pretty fast, but I slammed it in nuetral, braked, and swerved for my life... another time I slammed my car in park going 40mph because of brake/gas pedals.... my car after fixing my pedals, my cars happily drove off... gotta love chrysler trannys, damn tuff

Both times, it was because of those damn add on pedals, getting stuck, falling off, losening up

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.