Sonic Electronix

DIY/Free/Temporary Sound Dampening...

Watch out using this on the roof as it reacts very poorly to heat. I have seen this stuff come off in full sheet during the summer.

Clean Roof + 3M Spray glue on roof + 3M spray glue on ghetto dampener + Gorilla tape + Asking all your friends to pray that this works before turning on your system = Possible Solution. :D

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

yeah im only using it in my doors and double layered but if its temp then it should be cool, personally id go with the good stuff if your doing a big sections or your roof.

yeah im only using it in my doors and double layered but if its temp then it should be cool, personally id go with the good stuff if your doing a big sections or your roof.

THE WHOLE roof of my S10 extended cab will eventually be covered, I'm 17 I have no job until grass needs to be cut then I use my commercial 42 inch deck lawnmower to cut grass, so until then I'm broke.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

Cutting Grass to fund your Build FTW! id do it...i wouldnt spend no more than $50 on this stuff or close to that..but try it if it work for you GOOD TO GO!

If you take the square foot cost of say peel and seal 25ft x 6" @ 17 bucks a roll comes out to about 1.36 a sf

It will easily take you 3 layers to get the same thickness results of a true deadner. Then add the overlap for only having a 6" wide roll instead of larger sheets can easily add another 10% in product used.

Now take Second Skin Damplifier at 3.99 a square foot ( based off the 2 Sf price. Larger orders lowers SF price) based just off cost per SF your just about even in price for the results.

The difference and savings will be in less waste in overlap and a far superior product used in your car. Besides the peel and seal will start to come off in a couple years due to heat and cool temp changes. I know because I have used the cheap stuff.

So take the savings in the fact you can do it right once or you can spend double and do it every few years.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Great, I see no one has listened to me.

Heat the shit up, good and hot and stick it. It will NOT come off. The car I did this in is a daily driver and has been driven for the past 5 years in 90* days and in -10* days with the "shitty" stuff on it, and its never had one bit come down.

-Dan Kasun

05' Dodge Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi Blow-thru build in progress.

2 RD HW18's, RD D9, 5 Deka 9a31's, 6th order blow-thru box, Eclipse 7200mkii HU, 140' Knu Kollossus wire. DC Power 270xp Alt, Etc.

Great, I see no one has listened to me.

Heat the shit up, good and hot and stick it. It will NOT come off. The car I did this in is a daily driver and has been driven for the past 5 years in 90* days and in -10* days with the "shitty" stuff on it, and its never had one bit come down.

Cool story. You're one out of 100 that have had success in the long run.

Save up, get some second skin. If you can't afford second skin RA matt is even cheaper. (WWW.Raamaudio.com)

Archived