moh.vze.com Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 Yah old farts. DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
Noobtastic14 Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE! This made me LOL so fuckin hard -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
skittlesRgood Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 There weren't any freakin' cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didn't make a damn call or receive one. You actually had to be out of touch with your "friends". OH MY GOD !!! Think of the horror... not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then there's TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how annoying you are. says the guy with the fancy iphone while this "kid" still has his 4 year old flip phone. lol i can honestly relate to a lot of this and i dont like the way kids live these days. everyone talks in texts, no one calls anymore. i swear, my kid will be the only 12 year old without a cell phone and he/she is going to hate me lol. do kids just go outside and play anymore? when i was a kid you would randomly get a knock on the door and hear "can jason come out to play?" and you would run off to grab your bike or a hockey stick. thats the thing i miss most about being a kid... that random knock on the door. and all the over protective parents. give me a break. your kid wont die if they get a little hurt. you know how many times i fell off of something 2 stories high, or smaller but landed on rocks? let the kids learn the hard way. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
SlappinM30 Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 That stuff was priceless!!!! I loved to 80's and 90's those were the years of my youth, low riders and mini trucks were king and 90% of dudes rocked boom boards with a pair if EV 15's or 18's and most likely a Proton or if really luck some bad ass vintage Zapco amp. Yea I have many times thought the exact same thing, they have it so easy. But all of those things made us who we are today, and I wouldn't change a thing. To all you youngsters enjoy laughing at us now, because it will happen to you too. LOL 2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad
-Hobby- Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 My first personal stereo had an 8 track player. Cassettes just started getting popular and I couldnt get my Dad to fork out for the New technology. My first car stereo install was a Craig cassette deck. Push button station select, not digital, manual rotary select. With a whopping 5 presets. Pull the big ass button out and push it back in. Think I put some of those high end Jensen 6x9's in the rear deck of the car too. Play outside all day. My Mom would lock the damn door to keep us outside. 12-14 hours playing war out in the woods, now everyones playing Call of Duty. Much more fun running around going bam bam bam your dead and having your friends fall on the ground moaning and groaning. Fish heads FTW, or Converse all Stars for the youngins. No such thing as Nike, Rebock etc. My first pair of good sneakers was a pair of Pumas. BMX bikes? I used to jump 10 speeds off of ramps. The closest to a BMX bike was a Schwinn with a 2' long banana seat. My first skateboard was a Big Banana. Ugly ass yellow plastic ball bearing wheel POS. Made my first good board in wood shop in Middle school. 7th grade. Thats right we got to use industrial woodworking tools in the 7th grade. Built me a Logan Earth Ski copy. Solid oak with a kick tail. Had to beg my dad for a set of Bennett trucks and a set of OJ wheels. Saftey gear was non existent. WTF was a helmet and pads. I went screaming down the biggest hills I could find on that Big Banana all day long. You just took your punishment like a man. The good old days for sure.
bobonit Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 Coke came in glass bottles. We would grab all my parents used bottles and take them to the store, they gave you money back for those things!! Since that wasn't much cash, you had to work for money, like doing chores or mowing yards. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
LOOKINFORSPL? Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 Life back then didnt seem so bad,I thought we had it made.And you made us look back and see how rough it was. And yes no remote and you had to turn a knob to change fucking channels(this is for us poor bastards that had the floor model),and dont forget the rabbit ears with aluminum foil on the ends
-Hobby- Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 Coke came in glass bottles. We would grab all my parents used bottles and take them to the store, they gave you money back for those things!! Since that wasn't much cash, you had to work for money, like doing chores or mowing yards. My kids bitch about not having money and I tell them just that. I used to collect bottles too. I used to mow lawns, shovel snow and even hustle at the grocery store putting bags in the coustomers cars for 25-50 cent tips. My kids can use my self propeled mower, the riding mower and the weed wacker and they still think its to much work to go try and make a buck. We didnt have weed wackers either. Just big pain in the ass grass shears, and then we got those nifty Black and Decker electric shears that never did work very well. Life back then didnt seem so bad,I thought we had it made.And you made us look back and see how rough it was. And yes no remote and you had to turn a knob to change fucking channels(this is for us poor bastards that had the floor model),and dont forget the rabbit ears with aluminum foil on the ends We didnt have a remote but Mom and Dad did. They always had my Brother and I run back and forth to the set to change the channel, adjust the antennae and wiggle the alum foil. You could never have enough alum foil on the old antennae lol.
UKnoitsMe Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 i swear, my kid will be the only 12 year old without a cell phone and he/she is going to hate me lol. do kids just go outside and play anymore? and all the over protective parents. give me a break. your kid wont die if they get a little hurt. you know how many times i fell off of something 2 stories high, or smaller but landed on rocks? let the kids learn the hard way. dude, your kid isn't the only 12 yr old w/ no celly. mine won't have one til she's responsible enough to have one - which will be never! I truly believe that repsonsibility and common sense are genetic traits that didn't get passed on past the early 80's. These kids today have no street smarts or common sense! I can't believe some of the things these dumbass kids say / do these days!! W-O-W !!! This could be a really long "vent", but I will stop here FTW!!!!!!! Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.
UKnoitsMe Posted March 12, 2010 Report Posted March 12, 2010 how about pitfall lol don't forget about when the only computer choices were IBM, Apple, or Commodore... remember the Commodore 64?? If you had one of those, you were the shitt!!!!! Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.