Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I remember drilling holes in quarters in metal shop class and then tying a string through it and playing unlimited video games. Some games it worked on and some it didn't. Got to play free video games either way. I didn't care what game it was.

Posted

don't forget about when the only computer choices were IBM, Apple, or Commodore... remember the Commodore 64?? If you had one of those, you were the shitt!!!!!

Oh the memories. Wonder if any of these youngins around here know what a double sided 5 1/4 inch floppy disc was? lol You know, back when they actually were flimsy and floppy...

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Posted

yes all of this brings back so many memories,shit i'm fourty and like most spent every minuet i could outside when i was a kid.remote control i didn't know what one even looked like, i remember my parents decided to try cable tv out,you remember those big ugly brown boxes with the cords attached to them? or how about on tv the next best thing, they would come out and hook up a little antenna to your roof that would only get reception after like 10 p.m because they showed dirty movies.

cell phones they had them but they cost like ten dollars a min. to talk on and weighed a wopping ten pounds,or how about the beeper and sky pager craze that spread like wild fire. i find myself telling my son to go outside and find something to do and he looks at me like i have two heads. i tell you what, i wouldn't change my childhood at all i look back on it and i had blast.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Posted

don't forget about when the only computer choices were IBM, Apple, or Commodore... remember the Commodore 64?? If you had one of those, you were the shitt!!!!!

My dad was a big kid, part of the reason my rents split up is he was more worried about computers then doing stuff around the house. We he a commodore 64 desktop and mobile incase you never saw the mobile one. a12.jpg I was huge on dig dug and boulderdash

Posted

can't forget all the other great games that were out, donkey kong, galaga,centipede and of course the pack man trio. how about Q-bert , games had joy sticks they weren't all buttons and codes.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Posted

What I am glad about having the chance to do is, playing outside before and after dark. Being trusted to do so because there were not so many crazys in the world that prevented this from happening. That the 5$ allowance could last a full week of running to 7/11 and grabing candy, slurpys and such things.. Not to mention mcdonalds around the corner. Being able to run on the blacktop at school. Not having to use the child safty plastic scissors in class. Not having those child harness things straped on as a toddler. Good old back facing station waggons that made me feel like I was an austronaut. All the great forts I was able to build with crap I found around the naighborhood and allowed to use the tools that were around the house to make said forts.

Posted

Station wagon rear seats were the best.

I used to ride in my Dads old van and sit on the engine cover. The old kind that stuck into the cabin 3 feet and you could climb on top of it. No seat belt and 10" from the windshield. Who needed safety when there was so much fun to be had.

Posted

how about pitfall lol

I'm not quite 30 (26) but I remember all of this I had a Sega Master system and thought I was pimp as hell.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Posted

I guess I must be younger than alot of people in here. I'm 31 and some things I found to be funny. We always had a remote control for our TVs and a microwave. Granted they are much more common today but those things were invented long before the 80s. We did have an Atari but I remember Nintendo coming out as a young kid. One thing I really miss are the arcades, they seem to be a thing of the past. kids today are lazy though, what ever happened to going outside and climbing a tree or riding a bike all over town or anything that doesn't involve texting or video games.

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

I'm 29 and remember

1. collecting comic cards and hoping I would get 1 Holigram card in side.

2. $2.99 value meal at Mcdonalds

3. $25c Payphone calls

4. air conditioning being a luxory we never had

5. bullwinkles

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1311 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...