good places to buy (regular) tires?

If you live around the goochland/louisa/charoletsville area in VA. Go to cambell's, bought 4 31x11x50 wild country M/T's brand new for $320. Doubt you live anywhere around there, but your location isn't specified so I thought I would throw it out, just in case.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

well i would def not spend $400 on regular tires prob more like $200. what kind of car is it?

Well this car.. 96 mercury sable sedan

Discount tire, because if you have aftermarket wheels on your car, they won't tear them up while the put the tires on.

No aftermarket wheels, and as far as I know I don't live anywhere near a discount tire place

If you live around the goochland/louisa/charoletsville area in VA. Go to cambell's, bought 4 31x11x50 wild country M/T's brand new for $320. Doubt you live anywhere around there, but your location isn't specified so I thought I would throw it out, just in case.

I live about 60 miles north of pittsburgh, pa.. so not too close.

Try and find some of craigslist. The go down to a tire shop and have them put on. Or you can go and ask around the local tire shops for some used tires. I picked some used tire for a t bird i had for like 30 a tire, and had 6-7/32 left.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

well tire rack would be my next choice. Id go with some falkens, BFG's or michelins

okay, thanks. I was thinking of maybe going with plus zero size tires.. is there anything wrong with this? does it change anything besides the sidewall of the tire?

Try and find some of craigslist. The go down to a tire shop and have them put on. Or you can go and ask around the local tire shops for some used tires. I picked some used tire for a t bird i had for like 30 a tire, and had 6-7/32 left.

Thanks but no thanks.

$30 for used tires that have around half life left or $40-90 for new ones..used ones I don't know where they have been/how long till something goes wrong with them :P

nah like i said in a another topic, unless theres a crazy amount of difference it should be ok. But double check to see you have room to change the tire size. make sure they wont rubb on the supension part of you car.

Based on wht you said by "dont really have the money right now", i would go this route, unitl you can afford tires. Ive ran used tires alot in the past ( only bought two new sets of tires), and never had any problems on them. Im still running some used on my wifes car and other cars in my family.

Edited by matt14

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

yeah used tires arent too bad if your "tight" on money just make sure they arent old as fawk. check the date on the side wall because sometimes they look like the have alot of thread they could be too old to be safe to drive on. just a thought :-)