Sonic Electronix

Will 2 more subs really make a differance?

i had 2 of the jl 12w0 single 4 ohm subs back in the day, and i put them in a large seald box and they did pound! i had people in the back seat of my jeep and they had to have me turn it down. no its was no 20,000 watts or any thing huge but it sounded great especially considering i paid $99 a sub! i still think about if i would have got 4 of them and ran them at 1 ohm what the out come would have been..... but the theory says i would have only gaind 3 db. so is it worth it to put yourself in a higher class (if you compete) just to get 3 db? probably not, but if its street use i guess it has a bling factor....

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

There's the problem right there mixing subs (different ohm loads) As far as adding the other 2 make a different box and you'll see a volume increase may not be much but an increase is an increase.

Why is it a bad thing to run 2 different ohm woofers together? They are all svc woofers so they will be baby chained together and adding the 2ib4's to the W0's will just give it less resistance.

i had 2 of the jl 12w0 single 4 ohm subs back in the day, and i put them in a large seald box and they did pound! i had people in the back seat of my jeep and they had to have me turn it down. no its was no 20,000 watts or any thing huge but it sounded great especially considering i paid $99 a sub! i still think about if i would have got 4 of them and ran them at 1 ohm what the out come would have been..... but the theory says i would have only gaind 3 db. so is it worth it to put yourself in a higher class (if you compete) just to get 3 db? probably not, but if its street use i guess it has a bling factor....

Ya man I couldn't agree with you any more. The tripple JL W0's sounded amazing..I was just thinking it would be kinda kool to have 5 tens in the back of my S-10 when i get it!!!!!

Firstly, do NOT listen to baaudio

If you have room for a ported box, that would in theory give you 2-3dB's more with the same subs/power. You would easily be able to hear that increase...

All I was saying is that a ported box will hit lower frequencys. My bad that I didn't make that clear. I realize my mistake there.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Why? There is no harm in putting different subs together? What would be wrong with that? They are almost the exact same sub....Diff mags and a little different motor. Same foam, same cone, and same kind of basket. Almost same kind of coil too. Just The dub0's i have are 10.39ohms and the 10IB4's are 7.20ohms. And i like this because only running the W0's would give me like a 4ohm load and when i throw in the 2 IB4's It brings it down to a 2.5ohm load...Perfect for a daily bump.

Lmao yes there is a problem with mixing subs thats a very bad thing

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

It doesn't bother me getting called out on my errors. Mlstrass made a good point. But I was right with what I said I just worded it wrong

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

can you mix and match subs? yes you can but they have to be wired up differently from the other two off brands. would i do it? fuck no ifi was you i would see which ones i like better make a nice box(get one built) and use two that are the same

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.