New Kicker Solo Classics

These caught my attention today while i was researching more on the cvx's and was interested on how little space they need. In particular i am looking at getting two fifteens of either the Cvr or the cvx but i wanted to know running a pair of 15 of either cvx, cvr, or solo classic off the same 1500 watt rms amp, which one will be louder? Assuming the box for the solo classics are its 1.25ft each and the cvx and cvr both running off a sealed box giving each 3.5 cubes sealed?

I am leaning towards cvr but i need to know what sound i can expect from 3.5 sealed each sub, or even that same space of 3.5 net each but ported to 34hz. Thanks.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

These caught my attention today while i was researching more on the cvx's and was interested on how little space they need. In particular i am looking at getting two fifteens of either the Cvr or the cvx but i wanted to know running a pair of 15 of either cvx, cvr, or solo classic off the same 1500 watt rms amp, which one will be louder? Assuming the box for the solo classics are its 1.25ft each and the cvx and cvr both running off a sealed box giving each 3.5 cubes sealed?

I am leaning towards cvr but i need to know what sound i can expect from 3.5 sealed each sub, or even that same space of 3.5 net each but ported to 34hz. Thanks.

i have a pair of 12" solo classics that i ran for about 4 months. theyre great subs. especially if your trying to save space. however i always had problems with mine bottoming out. there were just some notes that they wouldnt hit and it just sounded like crap. although they sound great listening to rock music and most rap its just the few songs with deep lows that they bottom out. the 15s may act different but i doubt it.

the solo classics are just meant to be good subs that require minimal space. if you can fit a bigger box and dont mind the lost cargo space i say go for the cvx if you can afford it, or the cvr is good too but your gonna be close to maxing a pair or cvrs on that amp

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I used to have two 15 kicker cvr a while back and they took my hifonics 1600 like champs but yeah it was a very small sealed box thats probably why. My question is if i had to run the two 15 cvr sealed i can build a max box of 3.5 cubes net each and i wanted to know if that will sound just as loud as 3 cubes net each but ported to 34 hz. What will be some differences.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Didn't know the Solo-Classic was an option.

I'm in the middle of going from the 06 L7 10 inch to the 10 inch Solo-Classic. I have 2 on the way and 2 more to purchase before they are installed.

If these are anything like the original Solo's then they really mean to use the airpace they recommend or you take a chance on damageing the subwoofer.

I'm hopeing they are everything that they are supposed to be.

The reason for the change - Sound Quality. These are supposed to have excellent sound quality. My 1st one will be here on the 16th.

Edit- FYI I have made the Solo L7 sound excellent So don't let SQ be a detterernt.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Can you make a thread when ever you get that solo up and going like maybe comparing it to say a cvr or cvx on overall output and low bass output. Thanks.

man, i remember the original solo's and they were the shit! i knew some one that had them in her zr1 vette and they were sick! when i got the l5's it just wasnt the same. then i saw they were redoing the round solo's i was kind of excited but i want to see how well they do.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Can you make a thread when ever you get that solo up and going like maybe comparing it to say a cvr or cvx on overall output and low bass output. Thanks.

When I get 2 in my possession and if I get that old gut wrenching feeling of needing to install them or I'll go nuts, I'll post it up.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

lol, good deal. i will never forget that first experience in the vette with the originals! 10's that could make your voice wavey if you tried to talk while they were beatin. just something about it back then!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

i have a pair of 12" solo classics that i ran for about 4 months. theyre great subs. especially if your trying to save space. however i always had problems with mine bottoming out. there were just some notes that they wouldnt hit and it just sounded like crap. although they sound great listening to rock music and most rap its just the few songs with deep lows that they bottom out. the 15s may act different but i doubt it.

the solo classics are just meant to be good subs that require minimal space. if you can fit a bigger box and dont mind the lost cargo space i say go for the cvx if you can afford it, or the cvr is good too but your gonna be close to maxing a pair or cvrs on that amp

Man anychance your box was bigger than the specs?

I'm stitting here free airing my Solo 10 and I can't get it bottom out.

Terryswork001.png

Archived