Sonic Electronix

So, a few months ago I call several shops looking for several head units. Well some shop owner had their panties up in a bunch and got real offended when asking if they carry this or that; I'm talking to this person over the phone and ask if they had a Kenwood x693, and he says yes. I ask for the price and he says $299.99 :|. I say umm ok, what about an Alpine 9886. He replies NO! I WOULDN'T CARRY THAT IN MY SHOP IF I HAVE THE EXCELON SERIES! He got heated and I wanted to ask him if he carried some eclipse HU's but I just hung up. My question is, is it really that serious when asking what a shop carries? I thought a shop would carry numerous brands, but I guess shop owners only stick to certain brands which they're biased about. Couldn't he have said, no sir. I do not have this unit in stock, but I can back order it for you if you'd like.

I just feel like shop owners only carry certain brands and nothing else without even giving two fucks about what the customer is looking for. Plus I don't even think the damn x693 was $299 at launch of an MSRP. Too bad. I guess I will only be doing my own shopping from now on, and only use a shop to install something I need installed.

So, a few months ago I call several shops looking for several head units. Well some shop owner had their panties up in a bunch and got real offended when asking if they carry this or that; I'm talking to this person over the phone and ask if they had a Kenwood x693, and he says yes. I ask for the price and he says $299.99 :|. I say umm ok, what about an Alpine 9886. He replies NO! I WOULDN'T CARRY THAT IN MY SHOP IF I HAVE THE EXCELON SERIES! He got heated and I wanted to ask him if he carried some eclipse HU's but I just hung up. My question is, is it really that serious when asking what a shop carries? I thought a shop would carry numerous brands, but I guess shop owners only stick to certain brands which they're biased about. Couldn't he have said, no sir. I do not have this unit in stock, but I can back order it for you if you'd like.

I just feel like shop owners only carry certain brands and nothing else without even giving two fucks about what the customer is looking for. Plus I don't even think the damn x693 was $299 at launch of an MSRP. Too bad. I guess I will only be doing my own shopping from now on, and only use a shop to install something I need installed.

Thats how the shop around here is.. All they push basically is Jl audio and Boston Acoustics. If you bring anything else up they basically try and make you feel stupid lol

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT

Exterior: Tinted tails, Lowered with Eibach Springs, Black Housing Headlights, 6000k HIDs

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P400-4 & T10001bd

Batteries: Kinetik HC1400

Electrical: Big 3 Stock Alt

Enclosure: 4 ft³ @ 33Hz 75sq.in. of port (18.75sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Boston Acoustics SL60 (front), Boston Acoustic SX95 (rear)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: 1/0g KnuKonceptz Kollosus, 4g MobileSpec

I went to an audio store up in Erie, PA by my college, they carry straight fosgate. I told them i was looking into buying a Fi Bl fully loaded, the store manager and one of the employees started laughing at me saying i must have the Steve Meade fever, and kept saying "SMD fo' life" like a couple of jackasses. They told me to get off of youtube and buy some real subs like some fosgate t1's. They also never heard of Sundown Audio, which was the amp i was looking for, then got into a debate with me as to why i should buy the t1500-1bd off of them for $1100.00 because they can warranty it and i cannot find one online for cheaper with a "real" warranty. I left to them telling me not to come back when my car catches fire from my refurbished garbage i was talking about from online. I understand them having to make a profit, and the other three shops i visited had great customer service, and were polite and helpful. But you're not gonna sell your products if you are not just biased, but a biased dick.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Ha yeah thats basically how the shop here is.. It doesn't matter what you say about your system they will always bring up.. You Need A Capacitor! lol

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT

Exterior: Tinted tails, Lowered with Eibach Springs, Black Housing Headlights, 6000k HIDs

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P400-4 & T10001bd

Batteries: Kinetik HC1400

Electrical: Big 3 Stock Alt

Enclosure: 4 ft³ @ 33Hz 75sq.in. of port (18.75sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Boston Acoustics SL60 (front), Boston Acoustic SX95 (rear)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: 1/0g KnuKonceptz Kollosus, 4g MobileSpec

I get that also, If you don't run what they carry they sneer at you and call your brands junk. I could understand that if 99% of the time they wern't living in the stone age and are still on brands and technology from the 90's.

Then they one up that by telling you what you want and how you want it installed.

same here but it dont bother me. the way i see it if you wanna be a dick to me then ill SAVE my self some money and go online. Usually shops charge wayyy to much for stuff anyways, unless its something small otherwise i buy my stuff online.

If a shop cares about your business they will go outta their way to get you what you need.

Happy Customer=Returning Customer :-)

there is a different conflict that i have seen down here in florida, its a territory thing. some brands will only allow their equipment to be sold at authorized dealers so close to each other. and some mfg's wont let you sell their stuff if you have certain other brands because they know they cant compete. i heard this from another dealer, he bashes jl subs for many reasons but dei wont let him carry them or they wont supply his orion line and dei owns like 28 companies or something stupid like that, they are big. its politics.

opps it was jl that wanted him to drop dei so he could carry jl. because jl couldnt compete with the dei companies

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

If a shop cares about your business they will go outta their way to get you what you need.

Happy Customer=Returning Customer :-)

Bullseye. He told me he had no intentions of looking up a brand called "Sundown Audio". "or any of that other pyle and power acoustik junk." I think ebay and sonicelectronix has gotten about $2500 from my buddies and I since. :)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

i remember i was at a shop. and i had about 2 grand in my pocket. i couldnt get any service.. cause they were busy (bullshittin with some guy)

i pulled the wad out and what do you know i had two salesman up my ass.. they asked what i am lookin for. i said stetsom amp and audioque woofers (although i knew they didnt have em ) they said well we dont have that crap but we do have quality jl audio products. i said no thanks i dont want just looks audio crap and walked out.. they basically followed me to the car saying well we also have rockford and mtx . i said sorry not spending money here.

this is the same shop that i came back to and asked for 300 amp fuses and they said what the hell could you possibly need 300 amp fuses for ? i said well give me two 150s i will stack em and they said that wont be 300 amps it doesnt work like that dummy.. i just walked away.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...