Sonic Electronix

HELP NEEDED ON NEW SYSTEM!!!

which subs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should i get 4 10" subs, 4 12" subs or 2 15"s if possible?

probably not amazing considering they are $35 brand new but if you dont want to spend a lot then those work good. and you could always wait and save money so you can afford better sub(s)

well i can spend more than those subs any other advice on sub choice lol ?

and hey it doesnt matter brand or sub...box sometimes that all matters or how you hook up :P

and hey it doesnt matter brand or sub...box sometimes that all matters or how you hook up :P

That is sort of a given here lol. And point exactly why everyone is telling you to downsize the quantity of drivers that you insist you need to make it loud. One sundown 8 in an "okay" box would outperform 4 10" whatevers in a sloppy box fighting for airspace. Instead of spending your money on 4 whatevers, look into one or two *nice whatevers, and invest your money there. From the sounds of things, i would look into electrical too if i were you, batteries/etc. My $0.02. :/

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

what's your budget? that will give more us a better idea of what you can get. I mean budget for everything (subs, amp, wire etc)

well i got a guy that is from a professional shop that can make me a box for them for like 125...then if i have subs already be like an extra 80 to put in and then i would have to buy wires... but i can maybe get a deal and tell him 150 to make custom box or w.e and everything...just gotta find subs to put them in...

my budget...200-400...on subs tho i only want to spend prob yeah idc..thats my range and i pushed it a hundred

dont have a shop install your stuff... thats throwing $$ down the drain. im only 19, but ive been doing my own systems since i was 14. before my 2nd install, i went to get a quote on having equipment installed. $50 for amplifier install, $50 for wire install, $50 for cd player install, $50 for subwoofer install. then i decided i would pay $0 and just put in the work myself. i know it may seem overwhelming, but i bet you can do it. you could make yourself a box for 1/3 that price.

doing the work yourself will teach you more about your car, along with increasing your budget for other things that you must purchase.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

dont have a shop install your stuff... thats throwing $$ down the drain. im only 19, but ive been doing my own systems since i was 14. before my 2nd install, i went to get a quote on having equipment installed. $50 for amplifier install, $50 for wire install, $50 for cd player install, $50 for subwoofer install. then i decided i would pay $0 and just put in the work myself. i know it may seem overwhelming, but i bet you can do it. you could make yourself a box for 1/3 that price.

doing the work yourself will teach you more about your car, along with increasing your budget for other things that you must purchase.

ohh trust me i know how to do it myself...

but most people said wasnt possible and i was kind of just showing that look this guy can make a box so can i...

mine might not be as pretty but hey i bet id like better than their box and be o.d money saver where i can get better subs

I'd get yourself a nice 10" in a decent box just to get you by while you stack some chips. Making a reg cab pick-up loud without a blow-through is hard enough but doing it on a shoe string budget is down right frustrating. We have all put together tight budget systems I'm sure (I know I have) But everyone always wants to go bigger later on. Save up now so you can get some good stuff and you will be happy you did later. I'm sure there is not many people on here who have not blown there budget out of the water a few times over because there is always something else you need. My .02, But if you are hell bent on getting something in there on that budget go 2 10's. 2 good quality 10's in a decent box will sound better than 4 dodgy subs forced into submission behind a seat in a stnd cab truck. ;) Sometimes quality whoops quanity.

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

quality can beat quantity...

and im not doing the blow thru stuff lol..heck nah

i just want some o.d loud bass that can match my old system...or beat it...

i got money to spend so stop sayin it...sorry might not be a grand + like most people but heck wat i got is wat i got...

corey that be like how much...

prob not even worth it and wont produce loud bass

their 8"s for gosh sakes lmao

Archived