Sundown Audio

What amp for my subs?

So currently i have 2 type-r alpines in a box, and i was wondering what amp or what level of amp i should push them with, i dont know anything else about the subs. also anybody who might know anything about the subs them selves would be helpful.

What ohm are they, I.E. Dual 2/4, Single 4 etc..... also what is your price range, you want around 1000-1200rms for a pair of em. Now the amp depends on what coils they have, and how much you want to spend.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

What ohm are they, I.E. Dual 2/4, Single 4 etc..... also what is your price range, you want around 1000-1200rms for a pair of em. Now the amp depends on what coils they have, and how much you want to spend.

Thats part of the problem, i dont know. all i know is that theyre 10" alpine type r's. i dunno if they make several models of this or anything, im not in the least knowledgable about audio systems or electronically speaking forums. thats why i posted this. i need info about the subs and i need info about a compadible amp that will hit them hard but not destroy them, i havent even run the wires for my car yet. i have 94 grand am se, and i accidentally set off the delco II anti theft alarm. i actually took out the radio without disarming the alarm

Edited by Andyroohoo

I would be safe and start with around 1000 watts, Sundown Audio has a SAZ-1000D that would do a great job with those Alpines

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

well, i can really get to the model number, as the two subs i have are in a box.i have i think a 750 watt amp. im not sure though, so these are the specs, tell me what you think:

MTX Blue Thunder Pro 75x2.

37.5 watts RMS/CH x 2 into 4ohms < 0.05% THD+N

75 Watts RMS/CH x 2 into 2 ohms < 0.1% THD+N

150 Watts RMS bridged into 4 ohms < 0.1% THD+N

375 Watts dynamic power (IHF-202) Bridged into 4 ohms (14.4 VDC)

RMS Power Ratings @ 12.5 VDC, 20Hz-20kHz

well, i can really get to the model number, as the two subs i have are in a box.i have i think a 750 watt amp. im not sure though, so these are the specs, tell me what you think:

MTX Blue Thunder Pro 75x2.

37.5 watts RMS/CH x 2 into 4ohms < 0.05% THD+N

75 Watts RMS/CH x 2 into 2 ohms < 0.1% THD+N

150 Watts RMS bridged into 4 ohms < 0.1% THD+N

375 Watts dynamic power (IHF-202) Bridged into 4 ohms (14.4 VDC)

RMS Power Ratings @ 12.5 VDC, 20Hz-20kHz

i think that's no where near enough power. and you have at most a 150 watt amp. but then again you take into account...efficiency and input voltage and other factors... she's probably putting out about 110-130 watts.

dynamic, peak, music, any watt rating that isn't "RMS" is bullshit. every time

oh.. and the subs are in the box... so you can't get the model..

use your brain. TAKE THEM OUT OF THE BOX. OH MY GOD, REVELATION!!

Edited by kdicetharappa

run 4 gauge wire and get a saz 1000 as suggested itll be clean and loud as a first system... also run rcas on the oppisite side of the power wire and make sure a solid ground and all that. just turn the gain down and be careful with it. if you really want go to a local shop and have the o-scope everything

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

SAZ1000 won't do him a lot of good if he has dual 2 ohm subs and has a two ohm final load.

You need to get them out of the box and look at the subs to see what model they are. And if there's no model # you can test the impedence with a digital multimeter.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

SAZ1000 won't do him a lot of good if he has dual 2 ohm subs and has a two ohm final load.

You need to get them out of the box and look at the subs to see what model they are. And if there's no model # you can test the impedence with a digital multimeter.

exactly. post back if you have questions about using a digital multimeter... we will be happy to assist :D (well at least i will be)