Sonic Electronix

yea, well i went to my local audio store..they said they couldnt repair..they would have to send to kicker..all in all would be about 60 bucks not including kickers price to repair it. he told me a lot of people use silicone and it has been working for them. so i went to lowes and bought some ultra plastic bong glue and some silicone..i applied the plastic glue first then applied the silicone afterwards..im going to wait until tomorrow to hook up the sub to see what the outcome it..most likely looks like i am going to have to get one of the re coning replacements kicker offers. anyone know if the newer models cones with fit the older?

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO HELP!! IT WAS GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

Listen to what Marlo said, there recones just bolt on, you can go here and pick the recone that matches your sub, when you get it you just reverse the order of taking it off.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m23_i450_kicker-recone-kits.html

Though if its still in warrenty it could be cheaper, or it might be more.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

yea, i have my sub completely apart right now..i guess ill wait until next weekend when i get my taxes back to get the recone. this was just going to be a temp. but thanks to all once again.

has anyone heard of this site? seems cheaper and a kicker authorized dealer so i get a year warranty from kicker and 90 day from website

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5103119/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

Edited by Zach_530

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

alright i have a 18" solo x in my 3000gt powered by a Memphis Mojo 4000 watt amp. so i was doing a demo for my cousin and as i was leaving all of a sudden my sub made a weird ass noise...well after hours of peeling the box apart and opening up the sub we found out that under the cone there are these plastic pieces holding. well the top right one cracked!! is it possible to glue this back(if so what type of glue and or strats please) if not i guess i will need a re-cone kit..(if i do could you point me to a website or store that sells them cheap) i am about 45 min away from sac.. thanks to everyone that responds!! greatly appreciated.

same thing happend to me when i had my 2 18's, i just use a good ca glue and it worked for a while till the coil gave up!

if you dont have bucks for a new recone just glue it your self bro just put anough!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

what happened to kickers 10,000watt rating on the solo X 18? even if it was max it should still take 5,000RMS.

good luck with the recone mate, glue would have worked too, but would have broken eventually as well.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Just buy the SPAIR and do it urself it takes 5-10 minutes and its hella easy. Ive been pushing rms to my 12 for a yr and a half straight dont know why so many have problems with thier subs.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

yea, i have my sub completely apart right now..i guess ill wait until next weekend when i get my taxes back to get the recone. this was just going to be a temp. but thanks to all once again.

has anyone heard of this site? seems cheaper and a kicker authorized dealer so i get a year warranty from kicker and 90 day from website

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5103119/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

Great site. I have used them for all my past kicker gear and never had a problem.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

what happened to kickers 10,000watt rating on the solo X 18? even if it was max it should still take 5,000RMS.

good luck with the recone mate, glue would have worked too, but would have broken eventually as well.

well i bought this used and its old..so im guessing it was played hard for a long time?! that is what i thought at first when it happened..oh well though..going to wait til next week to order a new SPAIR :D

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Great site. I have used them for all my past kicker gear and never had a problem.

alright thanks a lot! :) so far its the cheapest i've found that also offers warranty from kicker and the website.

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT