Sonic Electronix

i will have a termlab for about 20 minutes on saturday when i go to a member of team sundowns house. I have 2 sundown z15s V.1 and a saz 2000d with a box tuned to 38 hz

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Try as many box positions and tones as you can with your TL time. Also different seat positions, usually pulling driver seat as close to dash works best(from my experience at least).. The TL is you're absolute best friend when trying to get better numbers. With that equipment and in a proper enclosure I could see high 140s or even a 150, like I said though in the correct box. Is the interior of your box resined??

Btw I've seen duct tape alone pick up at multiple tenths for some people. By taping the woofers down, lining the inside of the port and sealing the inside/outside of windows.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

box firing back 2 1/2 ft off the back door

both seats forward

pass seat tilted forward

glove box door open

driver sunvisor down

have somebody push on the rear door/hatch

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

box firing back 2 1/2 ft off the back door

both seats forward

pass seat tilted forward

glove box door open

driver sunvisor down

have somebody push on the rear door/hatch

hahahaha really lmfao

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

hahahaha really lmfao

Yeah man. He forgot to tell you what to have the aircon set to, that's his secret to beating you by 4dB ;)

But really, all those little 10ths add up. Things like sunvisor position, glove box, even center console flap thing. Headrest position. Steering wheel angle. Aircon vents. Aircon set to recirc or intake. Sunroof cover open/closed. Rear seats UP (some cars are louder that way, don't ask me why)... all this can change your score by like 0.1dB and if you get 10 of them you're 1dB up for $0 spent.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yeah, i know there are many variables that can help or hurt your score but some of that is just funny as fuck! i can see putting tape over the vents and shit like that but your glovebox open and one visor down???? but try it and hell if it works stick with it i guess!!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Archived