trying to get an 8 ohm load

hmm well that gives me a better idea for cross overs still looking though i still feel that there has to be a way to get an 8ohm load aside from adding a 16ohm tweater

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

The only option I can think of aside from adding another speaker is adding a resistor. You'll need a big one to handle 100+ watts though.

You're lucky peepz like me are awake at 1:30 AM. Lol

Get 4 of these suckers: 100-watt resistors

Wire your speakers in parallel to bring it down to 4 ohms, then wire them in series with a resistor to bring it up to 8 ohms. It'll be a bit pricey to buy 4 big resistors, but that's simply because they need to be able to handle 100 watts. It may be cheaper to go with just 4 tweeters instead, but if you really don't want the tweets then the resistors is your only bet.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

WAIT JUST A DARNED SECOND!!!

I don't think adding a resistor would be a good idea. I'm having flashbacks to Physics in high school and remember adding a resistor drops the wattage. Because this is a static resistor and not an impedance (speaker), it'll drop the amount of power your speakers are seeing.

I need HHR Ed in here to verify this. I know he's into physics and whatnot. I'll PM him and ask him to drop a line.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

the problem im running into also is that i need a cross over for the sub so wiring in parallel is ok but idk about serios becouse in series the cross over would be in the loop going to both the mid and high cross over in ? would be a highpass for the sub.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I'm a little confused. Why are you putting subs in your bookshelf speakers if it's a 5.1 system? Doesn't the receiver have a crossover already in it to feed the mids/highs to the satellite speakers and feed the lows to the sub channel. Are you not using the sub channel and using just the four satellite speakers? Or are you going to have a sub hooked up to the .1 channel? If you're gonna have a sub, I don't see why you're putting crossovers in the satellite speakers. Also, I don't see where your highs are coming from if you have no tweeters.

wtf is lolcats?

The only option I can think of aside from adding another speaker is adding a resistor. You'll need a big one to handle 100+ watts though.

You're lucky peepz like me are awake at 1:30 AM. Lol

Get 4 of these suckers: 100-watt resistors

Wire your speakers in parallel to bring it down to 4 ohms, then wire them in series with a resistor to bring it up to 8 ohms. It'll be a bit pricey to buy 4 big resistors, but that's simply because they need to be able to handle 100 watts. It may be cheaper to go with just 4 tweeters instead, but if you really don't want the tweets then the resistors is your only bet.

No!

Impedance vs. resistance

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Read the post after that one. I corrected myself (kinda). Do you have any ideas on how to do this without adding additional speakers (which is apparently out of the question)

wtf is lolcats?

Read the post after that one. I corrected myself (kinda). Do you have any ideas on how to do this without adding additional speakers (which is apparently out of the question)

Using speakers (either number of speakers or how you wire them up) is the only way to adjust impedance load. If he wants 8ohms and 2 speakers, then it is 2 4ohm or 16ohm speakers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 1 month later...

Can you choose different drivers? 4-ohm drivers in series would give you an 8 ohm load.

What specific receiver will you be using? Many are 4 ohm capable.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

hmm well that gives me a better idea for cross overs still looking though i still feel that there has to be a way to get an 8ohm load aside from adding a 16ohm tweater

Adding a 16 ohm tweeter will not help.

When you add the crossover to split the frequencies between driver (just low pass and high pass filters), the three drivers are no long "in parallel" as far as their impedance (assuming the crossover is designed correctly.

example -

If you have (2) different 8 ohm drivers in parallel, you could get a 4 ohm load in areas where the frequency responses overlap.

With a crossover, those 2 drivers do not play the same frequencies. Let's say the crossover point is 2000 Hz. One driver plays below 2000 Hz, the other above 2000 Hz. The amp see 8 ohms at all frequencies.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived