Good mids & highs on stock electrical?

Hey i am wondering if any of you guys have some good ideas for speakers that would work great on just on a head units power. I Would possibly hook them to an amp later down the line, but can not afford speakers and an amp rite now. So my question is what brands and models of speakers do you guys recomend running on just a head unit? Thanks alot

Hey i am wondering if any of you guys have some good ideas for speakers that would work great on just on a head units power. I Would possibly hook them to an amp later down the line, but can not afford speakers and an amp rite now. So my question is what brands and models of speakers do you guys recomend running on just a head unit? Thanks alot

I would say stick with stock until you can afford both speakers and amp. You don't want to buy speakers that work well with your factory HU just to have to buy speakers that work well with an amp later on. Either that or buy speakers you know will work well with an amp and use those from your factory HU.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

since you will be getting an amp later wouldnt it be better to get some speakers that are best for an amp? they wont be as loud off the HU power now but later on you will be very happy with them.

for low power you want high efficiency, 92db+

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

since you will be getting an amp later wouldnt it be better to get some speakers that are best for an amp? they wont be as loud off the HU power now but later on you will be very happy with them.

this!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Ok, thanks alot. Is it a MAJOR Difference between H.U. powering speakers and an amp? You can blow speakers easy if you don't know what your doing? Correct? I may just be happy with upgraded speakers running off a H.U. And the reason for the higher efficiency is so the speakers can utilize the little power they are receiving? Is that correct?

Any brand and model suggestions?

I like my infinitys they're good off just 10-15wrms

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Ok, thanks alot. Is it a MAJOR Difference between H.U. powering speakers and an amp? You can blow speakers easy if you don't know what your doing? Correct? I may just be happy with upgraded speakers running off a H.U. And the reason for the higher efficiency is so the speakers can utilize the little power they are receiving? Is that correct?

that is correct. its have many db the speaker produces off 1 watt.

it would be hard to blow any speaker off the hu because of the low power and its not as easy to send a clipped signal on accident. but in general it is harder to blow mids/highs because its easier to hear them distort so you know when your doing something wrong. just read up on how to set your gains and you will be fine when you get your amp.

my fav. brands for SQ are rainbow and image dynamics. boston acoustics are supposed to be great but ive never had them. the pioneer rev's sound good for the price if you want something cheaper.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I like my infinitys they're good off just 10-15wrms

x2 to be honest those reference series speakers sound damn good for not being amped. my buddy has them in his mazda 3 and they get loud and dont sound bad either.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

that is correct. its have many db the speaker produces off 1 watt.

it would be hard to blow any speaker off the hu because of the low power and its not as easy to send a clipped signal on accident. but in general it is harder to blow mids/highs because its easier to hear them distort so you know when your doing something wrong. just read up on how to set your gains and you will be fine when you get your amp.

my fav. brands for SQ are rainbow and image dynamics. boston acoustics are supposed to be great but ive never had them. the pioneer rev's sound good for the price if you want something cheaper.

Never heard of rainbow, I heard the older image dynamics components are nice. Yes i am looking to have great sound quality. I want to be able to hear my vocals over my bass. I don't want them to be over powering though. I heard JL's components are AMAZING!!!! Is this true? Where can i find info on the rainbow speakers?