Sonic Electronix

Someone was telling me that the box i have from kenwood (or at least a local audio store)has too small of a port and i could gain a lot of port noise. I don't really understand what this is, nor have i heard the difference. How do i get rid of this "port noise"

The port area on my box is 31.875

Here are the other dimensions of my box so you can tell me if i should make it differently.

Height: 15 inches

Depth: 15.25 inches

Length: 35 inches

Also i am making a wall of 4 12's in my backseat. I have already installed the false floor and now i am getting ready to build the box. I just want to make sure i get this right.

I was thinking just to copy this setup and then double it. So basically stack the two boxes on top of each other then add a panel to cover up my whole backseat and the two boxes so it will end up looking like 1 box but with 2 different ports. And the 4 12's would be firing forward.But i would only do that to be on the safe side.

I would rather have 4 12's in one box but i don't want to mess up my box too bad.

I know that the box is the most vital part of any sub-woofer setup. So please help me out here! I want to work on making this box tomorrow!

start from scratch, build one nice big box, it will work better, you will also have more control over pretty much everything. what subs do you have? and how many watts?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I have 4 KFC-W3012 kenwood subwoofers.

Here are the specs on them, right from the website.

• Peak Input Power: 1200W

• Rated Input Power: 400W

• Impedance: 4 Ohms

• Sensitivity: 86dB

• Free-Air Resonance: 32Hz

• Frequency Response: 39Hz – 300Hz

For each cube of airspace in the box you want 12-16 square inches of port.

So it you had a box that was 4 cubes you would want a minimum of 48 square inches, and a maximum of 64 square inches. If you are planning on building two seperate ported boxes and stacking em, I would recommend asking around for someone to design you a box, some are free designers while others will charge a small free, and most will provide you with a cutout sheet.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived