Sonic Electronix

sup people. i got a Rockford 1 farad digital capacitor (RFC1D). i had it for a while now. im still getting dimming and voltage drops, not really sure if it helped me a little or not. people are saying it does more harm than it can help me, true? i have a buddy that wants to buy it and i was thinking on saving up on the electrical, maybe a HC600 in the trunk? what you ladies/fellers think?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

sup people. i got a Rockford 1 farad digital capacitor (RFC1D). i had it for a while now. im still getting dimming and voltage drops, not really sure if it helped me a little or not. people are saying it does more harm than it can help me, true? i have a buddy that wants to buy it and i was thinking on saving up on the electrical, maybe a HC600 in the trunk? what you ladies/fellers think?

sounds like a plan. a second batt will do more for you than the cap

Caps do absolutly nothing to help unless you have little(.3-.5) to no voltage drop, if you have no drop it could help to smooth out peaks in music I.E. a drum Kick etc...... I would sell it, most people that arent very deep into audio will think it will help, so it wont be hard to unload. And an HC600-1400 would help alot more than a cap ever would.

And if you want to keep it for the voltage readout, just go get a stinger volt meter from Darvex instead.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Caps do absolutly nothing to help unless you have little(.3-.5) to no voltage drop, if you have no drop it could help to smooth out peaks in music I.E. a drum Kick etc...... I would sell it, most people that arent very deep into audio will think it will help, so it wont be hard to unload. And an HC600-1400 would help alot more than a cap ever would.

And if you want to keep it for the voltage readout, just go get a stinger volt meter from Darvex instead.

haha that is what i like about the cap it had that readout. yeah im planning on getting those stinger meters.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

having a second batt., will that stress out my stock alt? or should i just invest in a HO alt?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

having a second batt., will that stress out my stock alt? or should i just invest in a HO alt?

No a single battery extra battery wont hurt, to keep the extra battery charged will only add about 5 amps extra to keep it charged. IIRC Boon ran something crazy like 10-15 batterys off the stock alt and the alt never died, though thats not ideal LOL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

if your worried about the stock alt just do the big 3 upgrade that should help some

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

shit i need to read more before i post stuff just now saw that u already have that

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.