Second Skin Audio

Steve, I Need Some Help

yo steve, i was wondering if you had a layout for a quad 15" ported subwoofer encloser???

here are the dimaentions i am working with..

26" deep

35" width

21" tall

that is the whole area of my back hatch.. i can go taller if needed... i just want the box to be lower than my window line :)

Edited by XtremeSPL

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

why dont you try using some kinda sub box calculator to get an idea of what you can do, rather then just posting "gimme a box design"

1.) would be great if i had one...

2.) i like to hear other peoples oppinions on a box... esp. from someone with a great rep. like steve meade or bill johnson.

3.) even if they dont help me, i am going to home depot to buy some MDF today, and i am gonna slap something together..

i just found one... anyway.. it said:

35" wide x 26" deep x 21" high was 11.05 cubic feet

35" wide x 25" deep x 21" high was 10.63 cubic feet

that doesn't sound right

Edited by XtremeSPL

1. not hard to search for one

2. what they have to say is gonna mean nothing to you if you dont know what your doing.

3. GL

play around with RE's calculator at www.reaudio.com or mess with the crappy subwoofer tools one. they arent the greatest in the world but at least you can get an idea of what you need to do or whatever

exactly what i meant when i said if you dont know anything what they tell you will be worhtless.

11cubes is less then 3 cubes each 15 depending on the 15 you use that could be ok or it could be to small.

the less cubes the higher you have to tune it.....the more cubes the lower it will go so if your going for pure spl 3 cubes seems a little small and actually after port/sub displacement it will only be like 2 cubes per sub.....IMO if you want 4 15's wall it or say goodbye to your back seats and let em down and do a box like randy did in his focus.....my .02

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?