making custom battery terminals

I'm thinking of making my own battery terminals and was wondering what you guys suggest to use as far as the metal for them. Ill either drill a hole and slot to squeeze the terminal or I could just bolt it to the battery. I'm gonna make the terminals pretty simple at first. Figure 3/4" think by 2" wide and 3-4" long. and I'm making them to hold ring terminals. I was thinking copper at first but that would corrode pretty quickly. And I'm not sure steel would be good for flowing current. Any suggestions guys?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

try aluminum

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

ya that makes sense. im wondering if i should thread the block or put a bolt thru with a nut on one end. i dont wanna strip out the block and aluminums kinda soft. depending on what i use to the bolts to hold the rings that is.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

I've used quite a bit of copper and I've never had corrosion. The pieces under my hood have been untouched and abused with current for over a year and they are still pretty. My only issue with it is price.

Aluminum is not as soft as you think. There are quite a few guys on here who tap aluminum. I personally drill slotted holes without tapping and screw down to the batteries.

I've had great results with both. My max width I've used is 3/8". Anything bigger than that is almost a waste. I think 3/4" bussbars is overdoing it.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I've used quite a bit of copper and I've never had corrosion. The pieces under my hood have been untouched and abused with current for over a year and they are still pretty. My only issue with it is price.

Aluminum is not as soft as you think. There are quite a few guys on here who tap aluminum. I personally drill slotted holes without tapping and screw down to the batteries.

I've had great results with both. My max width I've used is 3/8". Anything bigger than that is almost a waste. I think 3/4" bussbars is overdoing it.

thanks man thats exactly what i was looking for. i feel like an idiot now cuz ive read so many builds where guys make busbars and i just didnt think of this being the same when really its the exact same thing. haha my bad

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Archived