DGold Posted March 23, 2010 Report Posted March 23, 2010 I have the RF Power series components and have googled and searched for articles for on n off axis tweeter setting but am still questioning my understanding. Can someone link me to a good article, or tell me if I'm right. From what I read basically on axis is pointing towards the ears of the listeners or the middle of the car. Kick panels would result in on axis due to the left tweeter pointing towards the left ear and the right tweeter pointing towards the right ear of the listener. Is that right? I know it's not a hard concept so maybe I'm overthinking it. I'm asking because my rear fill tweeters point straight toward the middle of my durango. Not up to the ears but pointed directly at each other from each door. Is this on or off axis? Help appreciated. Thanks. Old Setup 03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2 Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest
skittlesRgood Posted March 23, 2010 Report Posted March 23, 2010 i believe... a car will always be off axis just because you arnt sitting in the middle of the car. the speakers wont be an even distance from you. you should always point the opposite side at the seat. passenger speakers point at the driver and the drivers speakers point at the passenger. this makes up for the distance of the speakers. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
DGold Posted March 23, 2010 Author Report Posted March 23, 2010 i believe... a car will always be off axis just because you arnt sitting in the middle of the car. the speakers wont be an even distance from you. you should always point the opposite side at the seat. passenger speakers point at the driver and the drivers speakers point at the passenger. this makes up for the distance of the speakers. Ya i have them off now but I wanted to make sure since I read some speakers sound dramatically better jus by switchin the axis to the correct setting. This is just for my rear fill, just a 6.5 and a tweeter sitting inches above it pointed across the backseat of my durango Old Setup 03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2 Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest
Neel Posted March 25, 2010 Report Posted March 25, 2010 Same exact question asked in the SQ section . http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/71092-mounting-tweeters-on-or-off-axis/ Too Much Stuff to list .
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.