Second Skin Audio

Picture Of A Design For My New Box

zaxfire69

Hello Guys as you guys know I have had some trouble out of my damn old Trunk lid..My carbon Fiber Lid survived, with the exception of the top of the lid looking some what like wavy water...Expanding foam expanded a little to much...Any way..I have my Rear Deck in my car, but I cut 2 blow holes through it..My box design now is sub up port firing to the rear of the trunk...It is killing my trunk..Rattle, Flex on the verge of destruction. I am thinking about building a new box and I am wanting to know if it is possible...I want to try the sub firing Forward and the port pointing up through the rear deck blow holes..I was hoping that doing the box that way would take some of the pressure out of my trunk and put the air up through the Rear deck to bounce off of the rear glass...Do you guys know of how I would go about building a beast like this..I have never built a box like this, and don't have a program per say to design one..I have a design in mind..Just need something to draw it and post it up here..Tonight when everyone goes to bed around my house I am gonna try to do something on Google sketch...Yall talk to me and tell me what you think it would sound like as opposed to the current Sub up Port back design...

Speakerbox.jpg

I need to know mostly about the port and how I can put it to where it will be firing off of my rear glass....Tell me what you think...Opinions please...And also this is not to scale...Just a quick design I wanted to throw out there..

When you mean external port..You mean like a 4 sided port that comes out of the box..Ok...Kinda give me a little info on this..Never done that before but it sounds easier than internal port...

Ok right now the port on my current box is 4" wide X 37" Long How would I figure that?? I'm Not a math wiz this seems kinda complicated...I have seen it done, just never understood...

Archived