Second Skin Audio

"Argument" with online box-builder...

Now would you subtract that area underneath the "l" piece running into the box? From the diagram, it looks as if they just took the volume of that square to get 1.02 and not just the volume inside the port? From the dimensions, the volume of the port is .7265625^3ft. Btw, i was using the generic 12volt calculator...

i used 23 for port length.

8.75 rounded to 9

13.75 rounded to 14

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I used 16.75" for port length or is that the wrong number.

Well it is at least 16.75+11.75. Nothing is drawn to proportion in the drawing, it is rather confusing. The port is 28.5 long (not counting any end correction factor or whatever that is called).

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

3.15 after port displacement, so assuming 12" woofer call it 3 after woofer displacement.

15.5H x 3W x 28.5L port which comes out to 34.24 hz

Its almost exactly what its claimed to be you wont notice a difference between 34 and 35 hz

Dustin, you know you measure the port down the middle right? Not the sides of it

Well it is at least 16.75+11.75. Nothing is drawn to proportion in the drawing, it is rather confusing. The port is 28.5 long (not counting any end correction factor or whatever that is called).

Ahh, I see :facepalm: The not drawn to proportion was screwing with me.

Dustin, you know you measure the port down the middle right? Not the sides of it

BAH!!

my fault

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

If I could ask how much your paying for these designs?

Look up "Forum Asshole" on here. He does some great designs and you dont have to worry about it being wrong. You get a 3D CAD drawing and a cut list. Very reasonable on the prices too.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

out of proportion just sucks, and i would think if the guy sold things online he would have a better way of diagramming these designs

i draw all my deigns on graphic paper with the assumed thought of each square being 1 inch, so even if tis not actual size its proportional and to scale

then once i get a diagram how i like it, i recreate it to scale in photoshop

anyways hopefully those guys helped you out, too many doing the math, i figured id just throw a comment int here to break it up

Archived