Sonic Electronix

If it's convenient to ground separately I do. If it isn't, I solder up the harness, plug in the deck, and verify that there isn't any noise. If there is noise.... I trace back my steps, add a jumper ground as a test, and if it works I know where the problem is. If there isn't, I got lucky and everything is nice and soldered up, and can be unplugged in one go.

X2... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Especially if you don't know if it's broken yet.

sorry to jack your thread but this will probably help you out too....

can someone tell me what might be the symptoms of whining noises from speakers when car accelerates? sh*t is annoying!

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

sorry to jack your thread but this will probably help you out too....

can someone tell me what might be the symptoms of whining noises from speakers when car accelerates? sh*t is annoying!

http://www.google.com/search?q=alternator+whine

1st one. Seriously. Use google. We're not your bitches.

Don't be a dickhead. Please. It makes it easier for all of us.

haha not even sir. thanks for the tips though.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

I actually have a set of MA audio rca wires with a single black wire coming out of ONE END of it meant to be grounded out behind the headunit.

Not using it right now because I've never had ground loop noise.

"Extend the Head Unit's ground wire to the Amp ground location. Ground everything in the audio system (equilizers, crossovers, etc) to a single point near the Amplifier to eliminate the ground loop"

is this a good idea?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

"Extend the Head Unit's ground wire to the Amp ground location. Ground everything in the audio system (equilizers, crossovers, etc) to a single point near the Amplifier to eliminate the ground loop"

is this a good idea?

Nope.... It's just a cover up.

High output voltage deck

Properly Ran quality RCAs

Good Grounds

Luck

Is all it takes to have a noise free ride. I don't have any bullshit grounds in my system, off the back of the deck, off the RCAs, off anything and I'm 100% noise free. No noise filters, no nothing. Just a pop stopper... even though I don't have any pops within the system. Just figured it would work out for me, and I wanted to try it out. Some people get the occasional protect or pop on a hot start from playing with the ignition on, then starting the car.... Not an issue for me.

no that wire is a ground. you are supposed to ground one end and leave the other open it is for sound cancellation it helps the rcas have a better signal. have you ever heard of not running you rcas and power wire down the same side? so why would you run the remote wire (which is a live power wire) right in the middle of your rcas. think about it

i dont see how a wire grounded at one end will provide sound cancellation? if the wire is only connected at one end, it isnt passing any current and is essentially just a dead wire. power wires and remote wires arent really the same thing. yes they are both 12v+ wires, but the remote wire isnt made to power anything, its just meant to provide a signal. a few runs of 0ga vs a single 18ga wire with .2 amps of current...

Archived