Sonic Electronix

OK so I'm trying to install a head unit into my camaro. The previous owner cut the stock CD player out and all the connectors. So i am stuck with tons of random wires. My camaro has the Bose system with factory amps. Will i be able to use these with this head unit or will i have to bypass them? if anyone can help with how to wire it up i would greatly appreciate it

replacement harness...be very careful...there are harnesses you can use or you can relocate the factory radio...do research on bose systems first because they cause issues with cars if not done correctly....also since I'm sure all the bose radios are the same you can't use the door speakers with your aftermarket radio, like in my caddy, they are 1ohm and will be too low for the HU so I can only run my dash tweets and center speaker and my rear doors for now

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

yeah try audiosavings.com (link at the top of the page) crutchfeild.com ( comes with good instructions) or pepboys or any autoshop should have them

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

buy a replacement harness. just look around youll find one

still needs to wire the harness in, then. and then he'll just have to put another harness on top of that harness.

Just grab a DMM and start measuring things.

and you're saying the speakers are still wired to the factory amp? or they've been re-wired to go to the dash?

im saying that both door speakers have a factory amp on them im not sure about the ones in the sail panels and what do you mean another harness they cut out all the connectors for the radio

the best thing you can really do is pull the panels off, check the ohm levels for the speakers... if they're relatively close to 4 ohms you can run them off of the HU. if they aren't, you're gonna need to replace them. a lot of bose speakers are low ohms, like 1-2, like said above.

while you've got the panels off, check the colors of the speaker leads. see if there is matching leads in the dash... then you can test to see if they run to the speakers. if they don't run to the dash, you've gotta hunt around for the factory amplifier. there might be some information on the internet about it's location in the car.

If there's just random wires in the dash, you're gonna have to check all the leads with a DMM. take a note pad in the car to write down which ones are which...

each wire could be any one of the following:

Constant Power

Switched Power

Ground

Illumination (Tells the HU to dim when the lights are on - not all HUs have that feature)

Antenna Remote (power antenna or glass antenna only)

Amp remote (if you have a factory amp, it would require a turn on lead just like an aftermarket one)

Speaker leads:

Left Front (+)

Left Front (-)

Right Front (+)

Right Front (-)

Left Rear (+)

Left Rear (-)

Right Rear (+)

Right Rear (-)

again, these might run to the factory amp, but only if you have one.

Good luck bro. You'll need it. Just use that note pad. trust me

Archived