Fuel efficiency, low milage, done right = sexiness. Civic all day.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

youd be the winner in the trade, the civic is worth more, and you can always drive it for awhile and if you find something you want better then you have a better chance of trading with the civic

x2

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I have an older car and i can attest that once one thing goes it seems like the rest of the car goes too. It is unfortunate. So if you are already having a few probs with your hoe, id def say go with the honda.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Honda takes the cake hands down. My reasons for dumpin the z71 it has a 350 and with the way our country is gas is only goin in one direction and thats up, your 16 you dont have to take the kids to school, imo it takes more skill to put big boom in a small car like that, the z71 has got 98k on it which means here soon to keep the big girl goin your gonna have to do some major maintenance on it, think about how many more moving parts the tahoe has compared to the civic. yes your gonna miss the 4wd in the snow (if you get any) but the money your gonna save in the summer when they crank back up the gas prices is gonna make you feel alot better. Dont get me wrong i like the big s.u.v.s but for the situation your in bud i dont think it would be the right choice. The only thing that would make me hold on to the tahoe is that superb boom force that can only be achieved in an s.u.v.

Honda takes the cake hands down. My reasons for dumpin the z71 it has a 350 and with the way our country is gas is only goin in one direction and thats up, your 16 you dont have to take the kids to school, imo it takes more skill to put big boom in a small car like that, the z71 has got 98k on it which means here soon to keep the big girl goin your gonna have to do some major maintenance on it, think about how many more moving parts the tahoe has compared to the civic. yes your gonna miss the 4wd in the snow (if you get any) but the money your gonna save in the summer when they crank back up the gas prices is gonna make you feel alot better. Dont get me wrong i like the big s.u.v.s but for the situation your in bud i dont think it would be the right choice. The only thing that would make me hold on to the tahoe is that superb boom force that can only be achieved in an s.u.v.

But he could wall that civic and get the same boom force. even if not a wall a back seat window line build would get loud. So civic.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Man thats a tough one. In 08 I had an 03 Tahoe and sold it because that was when gas was over 3$ a gallon and I was only getting about 16 mpg in that thing, was spending more in a month in gas than I was paying on the truck. So I sold it and bought a 98 Honda Civic, loved the mpg's but didn't like the small car thing too much. I say stick with the Hoe. Can't put 24's on a civic.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Guest Scylloga

yea my mom just likes to bitch first i wasnt able to have my truck then my dad got it for me anyways and then i wasnt allowed to put 24s on it but my dad did anyways so know only thing she really has for me to stop is working for him she wont really say what her reasoning is but its mainly i was making to much fast money and not really working hard for it so she thinks i should get paid hourly instead of getting paid for doing certain things and i need to work for an actual company not for my dads car lot lol shes a joke

For a minute I was on your side about the job thing then you go and post this....

Kid you are the joke. Your old man is a joke. Your job with your old man is a joke.

Your mom is totally right. Simple as that. You wasn't working for that money your old man was just giving you a hand out.

Hes doing ti to piss your mom off and truth be told needs to man up and stop.

In the end your gonna end up pissed at your mom for some stupid reason.

Now if I was being offered to trade a 98 hoe for a 07 vic?

Dude no thinking about it that vic would be mine before the conversation was over.

Although Im suspicious of the motive behind the trade.

Again it seems like your old man is pushin your moms buttons.

And thats something YOU need not allow him to do.

You said your sixteen, your still young and easily swayable with money.

I say take the trade but tell your dad to chill with the bribes.

Go out and find a job. There is tons of places lookin for high school kids.

With summer coming up even more places will be highering for summer jobs.

A tahoe with 98K on will not need very much maintanance outside of a tune up, which would cost about eighty dollars for plugs and wires and some patience. I have a truck thats at 180k and i havent had a problem with it yet. Take the hoe, newer cars will cost more to work on, a 98 will be easy as hell to keep up. Gas mileage would be nice, dont get me wrong, but if you take care of the hoe, it will def take care of you.

Edited by dyeagain15

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread