Pioneer 1100MP

I got a pioneer deh-1100MP cd player for y car, brand new last may, and when i turn the volume up to 20 it skips as if the cd is scratched, but ti does the same on radio and then when i turn it up to 25-30, it just shuts off

i spoke with pioneer and they think its an internal amp problem, but since i have no warranty they wont fix it and there are no places around where i live that fixes them unless i bought them at the place of business

so my question is does anyone know how i may be able to fix this or should i sell it to someone that can on ebay or something and try to find something new

Edited by kynto

I got a pioneer deh-1100MP cd player for y car, brand new last may, and when i turn the volume up to 20 it skips as if the cd is scratched, but ti does the same on radio and then when i turn it up to 25-30, it just shuts off

i spoke with pioneer and they think its an internal amp problem, but since i have no warranty they wont fix it and there are no places around where i live that fixes them unless i bought them at the place of business

so my question is does anyone know how i may be able to fix this or should i sell it to someone that can on ebay or something and try to find something new

have you ohmed all your speakers to check for a bad one? have you checked for a possible wire touching? Did you do like many of my customers who installed the radio by twisting the wires and wrapping with electrical tape? If so, look for shorts.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

i know all that is fine cause i took an older pioneer radio and installed it and it works fine, changed nothing except took wiring harness out of new one plugged into old one and took the radio ant out and put in new one and plugged in RCAs

everything works fine, just cd player skips at 1/3 volume and shuts off at half

• 3 months later...

have you ohmed all your speakers to check for a bad one? have you checked for a possible wire touching? Did you do like many of my customers who installed the radio by twisting the wires and wrapping with electrical tape? If so, look for shorts.

X2 the older pioneer you tried may not have the protection circuit built in

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

currently only speakers hooked up are my front door speakers and tweeters, ill try to reinstall and see what the cd player does this time

also ill recheck all the wires, cant remember how the wires are done, a friend of mine hooked it up, back then i had no idea of anything car audio, since then i wished i had done research first, lol

installed h/u again, now i can go up in volume without it cutting out or shutting off, but if i use anything like bass, middle, treble, loud, or slam settings, it basically starts cutting out, so all of those are set at 0 right now adn then h/u works, not sure where the problem is, ill prolly take it out along with wiring and get some pics to see if its wired right

or ill have to fork over some cash for a new one

ive seen that happen from not having a good ground. Seen many installs in (mostly nissan)vehicles that dont have factory ground wire, they ground through radio chassis. Installer puts new radio in with plastic dash kit and assumes the antenna will provide enough ground. When you turn it up or add bass, it shuts down. hope this helps you.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

i redid all wiring today, and it still messed up, i found out a friend of mine has same stereo, so we hooked it up seeing if it would do same thing, and his worked just fine, so i think the problem may be the internal amp like pioneer told me

not sure what else it could be

i think ill just put it on ebay or something cause someone may know how to fix it, ill just have to look around for another one thats i can afford

thanks for the help everyone