New health insurance requirement ... was GOP idea

Republicans were for President Barack Obama's requirement that Americans get health insurance before they were against it.

The obligation in the new health care law is a Republican idea that's been around at least two decades. It was once trumpeted as an alternative to Bill and Hillary Clinton's failed health care overhaul in the 1990s. These days, Republicans call it government overreach.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_overhaul_requiring_insurance

this is why I call the GOP the

General

Opposition

Party

voting no for the sake of opposition is why I will not vote to keep any of the current republicans in power. They disgraced their party, country and the very people who just asked that they act in their best interest.

I agree the party is looking pretty crappy these days, but I didn't like the idea then or now. Taking money from people who earned it to pay for someone else is against the ideals of this country. If they had gone and found a way to work with the AMA to limit insurance prices or some kind of tort reform I would have supported it.

The reason insurance prices are like they are is for a while suing a doctor for any mistake was the norm. Every time it happened insurance prices for the doctors went up, doctors raised their prices to compensate, we had to pay more so our insurance charged more. It is a viscous cycle. Don't get me wrong, suing for gross negligence is fine by me, but the numbers that were coming out of these suits were ridiculous.

It is the exact same issue with auto insurance we have right now. except states already mandated auto insurance yet didn't regulate rates. I would prefer if they didn't require them, but since they do, they should also regulate rates. As a 20 year old with a clean driving history I pay over $200 a month for full coverage on a 2002 Intrepid V6 2.7L. Mildly ridiculous if you ask me.

Airborne,

Don't make the assumption that everyone who is against Obama is a republican. The republican party lost it's way a long time ago. They are trying to hitch their wagons to the tea party movement, but despite what the liberal media has told you, it isn't a GOP led group. Like it or not, the majority of Americans are conservative. And they are forced to vote republican just because it is the lesser of two evils.

Airborne,

Don't make the assumption that everyone who is against Obama is a republican. The republican party lost it's way a long time ago. They are trying to hitch their wagons to the tea party movement, but despite what the liberal media has told you, it isn't a GOP led group. Like it or not, the majority of Americans are conservative. And they are forced to vote republican just because it is the lesser of two evils.

This was on Yahoo homie. The article is about the GOP (republican party) so I commented on it. more than 95% of the tea baggers are either republican. The majority of Americans who voted in two of the last three elections voted for the Dem candidate.

2008's numbers... Nominee Barack Obama John McCain

Party Democratic Republican

Home state Illinois Arizona

Running mate Joe Biden Sarah Palin

Electoral vote 365 173

States carried 28 + DC + NE-02 22

Popular vote 69,456,897 59,934,814

Percentage 52.9% 45.7%

Now back to the topic, the Republican party totaly flip/flopped on this issue strictly for political gain and it had nothing to do with what the people wanted. Most people I ask about this think there is a public option in the new law or public funding for abortions when the Prez signed an executive order prohibiting it.

The article speaks for it's self is all I am saying. It is an eye opener not made up garbage.

This was on Yahoo homie. The article is about the GOP (republican party) so I commented on it. more than 95% of the tea baggers are either republican. The majority of Americans who voted in two of the last three elections voted for the Dem candidate.

Electoral vote 365 173

Percentage 52.9% 45.7%

Now back to the topic, the Republican party totaly flip/flopped on this issue strictly for political gain and it had nothing to do with what the people wanted. Most people I ask about this think there is a public option in the new law or public funding for abortions when the Prez signed an executive order prohibiting it.

The article speaks for it's self is all I am saying. It is an eye opener not made up garbage.

Same here, I will no longer care to vote for a republican due to thier immaturity of a good plan called the health reform plan. I also read in an article that there were protestors such as the tea party with threat signs which republicans members supported such childish acts and threats. The republicans have gone down the drain and are now just trying to get attention because they're losing power since americans are finally opening thier eyes to the many corruptions due to the republican party.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Yep.. and they were idiots then too. Guess where THOSE republicans are now? Gone. Voted out for a new Democrat ruled Congress. Ahhh democracy. hmmmmm.... and here we are AGAIN. Wait a minute... you are saying that all the Democrats are is Copycats of Republicans!!! Is that what you are saying? That back then when Republicans were FOR a health care plan that those EVIL Democrats shut it down just because they didn't want to vote alongside the Republicans?? How dare you talk bad about Democrats that way!

I jest. Seems that individuals paint with too broad a brush when it comes to politics. Just because "Republicans" did this back when- it doesn't mean they are the same Individuals that are Republican Congress Men and Women NOW.

And to shoot this whole argument down- THIS plan (The Obama plan) is Nothing like the older Republican plan was. Two totally different things. Mr. Apple, meet Mr. Orange. Not the same.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Electoral vote 365 173

Percentage 52.9% 45.7%

Using the term "tea bagger" makes every fucking thing you say meaningless.

Using the term "tea bagger" makes every fucking thing you say meaningless.

:orly3:

you act like that ignorant thing he just said is as bad as what the democrats are going through due to republican threats and democrat offices getting thier windows shattered hmmm.... wierd

Edited by StreetSlappah

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

you act like that ignorant thing he just said is as bad as what the democrats are going through due to republican threats and democrat offices getting thier windows shattered hmmm.... wierd

And you act like those who voted against the bill (republican and democrat) aren't getting the same threats. Oh that's right....you don't hear anything but the liberal media.

It is happening to both sides but the liberal media is only reporting one side of it.

What? I am really trying to understand that statement. So you are saying it is the American Individual's fault for being pissed at the politicians for something they did?? That is like saying it is wrong for someone to be mad at me because I punched them in the face! If I decided that someone "needed" that, that doesn't mean the person wouldn't get pissed!

And you think that Republicans didn't get a SINGLE pissed off phone call telling them that they had better not dare vote for the bill or they would be out? You think that EVERYONE at DC protesting the bill knew EVERY politician and if they were a Democrat or Republican just from sight??? REALLY?? WHAT Republican Threats? Obama threatened Democrats when he said "If this doesn't pass, I will be a one term prez..." That means the Dems go too! That means no help for the Dems left from a Republican Congress. You think That wasn't a threat? I could care if he got re-elected as pres if I were a Congress Person because their loyalty is NOT to the President, but to their Individual Constituents and to the Constitution.

What is this double standard?

Edit: Namosh beat me to the punch!!! Damn Ninja!

Edited by Colin - 1HVYHTR

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.