Sonic Electronix

I'm debating about pulling the two 15s and going 4 12s. Just a bigger badder setup. I know it would be more cone area. But I wonder if it would get low like my 15s. I love the low 30hz tones.

I know a lot of you guys have experience with a lot of different 12s. I've always done kickers, but I'm open to most. And I'm hoping to run them on my zx1500 as well. Budget is about $500 for subs or same for new amp for 15s.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I'm debating about pulling the two 15s and going 4 12s. Just a bigger badder setup. I know it would be more cone area. But I wonder if it would get low like my 15s. I love the low 30hz tones.

I know a lot of you guys have experience with a lot of different 12s. I've always done kickers, but I'm open to most. And I'm hoping to run them on my zx1500 as well. Budget is about $500 for subs or same for new amp for 15s.

It's all in the tuning my man. Haven't you learned anything here? :Doh: (insert "just playin'" emoticon) Theoretically you would have the material and ability to get lower AND louder with the four 12"s. Just tune low again and you'll be fine. :partybanana: Don't have enough personl experience with 12"s to give you some suggestions though... :/

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Easy its all in the box my friend and on how you built it and tune it..My 12s get lower then my friends 15s but thats cause hes using a prefab box(the ghey)

so if you do go for some 12s then tune ur box a lil lower

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

add 2 more 15s :)

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

add 2 more 15s :)

i wish. but the money just isnt there yet. i wanna do a wall of 4 15s in my explorer. maybe with some bls or dc lvl 4s

wanna buy my zx2500.1

again i wish i could. but i dont have the money right now. thanks though. ill definitely keep it in mind.

my current box is tuned to ~34 hz and i would probably go the same with 4 12s. so well see what happens. maybe if i make some good money these next couple months ill build my wall :woot:

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Sweeet. Thanks guys. Now gotta find some good twelves haha. I just wanna keep running the 1500

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log