tequila Posted March 29, 2010 Report Posted March 29, 2010 Whats up guys. Ive been trying to build a box for my (yet to arrive) 18" AQ HDC3 but it isn't really turning out how i would like it. You guys must have some tricks/ideas that i just dont know about yet (ive only built L-Ported boxes)! I'm trying to get this box as big as possible with the small dimensions i have to work with. I dont know about the tuning frequency, i've been happy with 33hz in previous setups, but i dont know, what do you recommend? I like listening to decaf's slowed songs & stuff.. I'd like the box to fit in my (small) '99 honda civic hatch. These are the max exterior dimensions i can work with: 26.3" deep 30.7" wide 20.1" high It will have to be ported up towards the hatch this way to allow the port to breathe. I've thought about taking out the backseats and just making a huge box but there's this metal seat latch that i just dont want to cut away... Can you guys help me? Thanks a BUNCH. Robin '99 Civic hatch 18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms Videos: Youtube
bkolfo4 Posted March 29, 2010 Report Posted March 29, 2010 I would suggest you build to the dimensions you have given. For net volume vs. port area, I would build a 6" x 15" L-port that is 25" long. That will require the L portion of the port to be 5" long. This leaves you with 6 ft tuned to ~33.5 Hz. Brian Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
kirill007 Posted March 30, 2010 Report Posted March 30, 2010 I think a HDC tuned to 36-37hz will get plenty low, they don't need low tuning to get low. If you tune too low with those woofers you will get almost no higher bass. Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.