Sonic Electronix

Dude, the Funky Pups shit gets so old. Think of something new. That shits been around for years.... Be original, fag.

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

i got a l7 its nice, but could be better runnin it off a hifonics 2010 d seems to do well. deff get some Knu 0g

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

when buying car audio, remember to always look at the rms watts. the max watts is just what it can handle for a split second, a "burp". you dont want to get subs that are 1000 watts max and an amp thats 1000 watts rms. i always get an amp thats not powerful enough to blow my subs. like for my set up, my sub can handle 5000 watts rms and 10000 watts max, but my amp only puts out 3000 watts rms, so i highly doubt ill ever blow my sub. unless i just completely screw everyhting up.

While everything else you have said is perfectly accurate, I disagree with this power thing. Subs should be run at their rated rms or a little higher so full movement is achieved and the sub can cool itself down. I suggest buying an amo that's as close as possible to the subs rms, a tad higher (100-200 watts) is better than being a tad lower.

While everything else you have said is perfectly accurate, I disagree with this power thing. Subs should be run at their rated rms or a little higher so full movement is achieved and the sub can cool itself down. I suggest buying an amo that's as close as possible to the subs rms, a tad higher (100-200 watts) is better than being a tad lower.

thanks, i did not know that. ill def be investing in another amp for my setup then.

Work in Progress:

Custom '93 Nissan 240sx painted orange with custom orange & black interior.

18'' Kicker Solo X in a 6.6 cubic ft box, tuned to 35 hz

AudioPipe 3000 amp - possibly another sometime in the future

Shitty wire -knu 0g coming very soon

Stock alt - iraggi 200 amp alt coming pretty soon

optima blue top - xs power coming soon

suggestions? shoot me a pm.

yeah man no problem, i just know how tough it was for me spending days on the computer researching everything i could find, trying to understand all of this on my own, so im glad i could help.

most of these guys really know what there talkin about, so if you got the money now, you might want to look into that dc sub and sundown amp he has for sell, even though it contradicts my opinion on buying electronic upgrades b4 you subs/amp, you just cant pass up a good deal.

check out some youtube vids on dc's. youll be impressed.

Work in Progress:

Custom '93 Nissan 240sx painted orange with custom orange & black interior.

18'' Kicker Solo X in a 6.6 cubic ft box, tuned to 35 hz

AudioPipe 3000 amp - possibly another sometime in the future

Shitty wire -knu 0g coming very soon

Stock alt - iraggi 200 amp alt coming pretty soon

optima blue top - xs power coming soon

suggestions? shoot me a pm.

yeah man no problem, i just know how tough it was for me spending days on the computer researching everything i could find, trying to understand all of this on my own, so im glad i could help.

most of these guys really know what there talkin about, so if you got the money now, you might want to look into that dc sub and sundown amp he has for sell, even though it contradicts my opinion on buying electronic upgrades b4 you subs/amp, you just cant pass up a good deal.

check out some youtube vids on dc's. youll be impressed.

Don't really need an electrical upgrade for a 1200rms system. I mean with imp rise and everything, you never see an exact 1200rms. And the basic rule of thumb is 100ah worth of battery for every 1000wRMS. If he does the big three, he should be perfectly fine. Now don't quote me and think I mean you don't need an electrical upgrade, because you are always golden with those type of upgrades. But not everyone has that type of money, yanno? OP, I sent ya a PM about the DC and Sundown. Let me know whats up.

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

Sorry for the delay I didn't get on that much these past few days. But I'm thinking about going with a 15" DC LVL 4 does anyone know a good site to order from? And what do you guys think about pushing it with a Sundown 1000D or should I go bigger?

Sorry for the delay I didn't get on that much these past few days. But I'm thinking about going with a 15" DC LVL 4 does anyone know a good site to order from? And what do you guys think about pushing it with a Sundown 1000D or should I go bigger?

PM or email rusty or thorshammer, only places to get them as far as I know. There not sold retail.

And that'll be fine, sundowns are rated rather conservatively you will see 1100-1200 watts in reality as long as you don't have ridiculous voltage drops. DC Subs like their power. B)